JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i install quick discos that are longer than stock at stock ride height will it be a bad thing? The sway bar will be angled up slightly until i get a lift. Will that be a problem?

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
it will be fine as long as it is not TOO extreme of an angle or able to hit anything when compressing.

The sway bar is most efficeint when it is horizontal and will do its job best in that position.

If it is only an inch or so longer I doubt you would even notice a difference

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
the factory link sits below horizontal and the aftermarket is above horizontal
I always wondered why they put such short links on the front. Ideally, you want the bar horizontal, but a couple inches either way is not going to matter on a Jeep - unless of course you are taking it to the circle track for hot laps on the weekend! :beer:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
You can take a pic to get more feedback, but I would (as mentioned- if not too severe of an angle) install them and drive it on a (low traffic) side street or parking lot, etc. Turn your wheels back and forth while accelerating and braking- to see how it feels. Maybe not the best idea- but if you drive slowly you can get a good idea if they will work. There are some adjustable ones as well- but if they really seem to be "off", I would put in a call to Rancho to see what they say.JMO

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
DO NOT DRIVE THAT JEEP. That is way off as Jason said. He!!, it looks like the stock links would fit better. Like suggested, you may need to use a shorter or adjustable link, at least without going to a different spring/ lift set-up.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Yes- I am looking at your sig- and not sure why you are doing longer swaybar links without having a lift. At least it makes sense now, why they are off so bad. Those links are obviously for a 3- 4" lift.

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
I agree it looks like it is for 3 inches of lift. They would probably work okay with the 2.5" teraflex budget boost, they will still be angled up a bit but not nearly as bad . I would put your stock links back on and wait to use these until you can lift it up a bit.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
FWIW- Some companies/ cust service reps will say that anything and everything will work for your particular application. People are getting harder to trust these days. A good company (like Rubicon Express/ Poly Performance/ Teraflex) will likely tell you or include all that you will need fotr the job/ lift to be installed correctly.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
The sway bar is most efficeint when it is horizontal and will do its job best in that position.
X2 having it horizointal will allow to be most effective.

If it is only an inch or so longer I doubt you would even notice a difference
Depends which way, I could notice a difference when mine was about 1.5" lower, but couldn't notice much of a difference when it was 1" or so higher. Horizontal definitely provides for the best handling.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went with the JKS Adjustable QD's for this reason...so I won't need a NEW QD when I lift one day.

My sway bar is angled up a little, but not like that....just a little.

About a 15º angle off of horizontal is probably going to make no difference, and more than that, and you'll start to see differences creep in.

I think that you could get away with ~ 20º tilted up, but not down, based upon my experiments with the adjustables - as a point of diminishing return for handling.

Hope that helps!

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.