JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the "standard" SPod system with 6 switch panel, and I'm now installing on-board air and air lockers and wondering if I am able to swap out the 6 switch panel for the 6 switch and air pressure gauge? I have sent the folks at SPod an email - didn't see "replacement" switch panels as an option on their site - without having to buy an entire new system (which I'm not)

Anyone done this? (ya, I know, I should have bought the system with the air pressure gauge in the panel initially)

If not the SPod switch panel, where do you have your pressure gauge mounted?

Thanks.

· Registered
822 Posts
When I bought my sPod I got the original one but was thinking of switching to the "new" one with the lit switches. They said it was fine for me to swap it out, but the switch panel was still new. Prob worth a call to them to see what they can do for you.

If you don't swap out the switch panel, this is a nice option. I've got it w/ my aeroforce gauges in it, looks great and easy to install. I'm sure you can find a pressure gauge to fit in one of the slots.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12500_022X_PG.htm

I've also seen a few other jeeps w/ this, but they cut out two of the switches and install a gauge where the 2 switches were.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97015_0112.htm

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard from SPod:
"The upgrade will run $85 plus $12 packaging. You will need to either send us your existing panel so we can move you switches and wiring to the new panel or you can move them over being careful to make sure you wire back up correctly.

Other option would be new switch panel including switches and wire harness. That would run $165 plus packaging."

Jonboy - I actually decided to take the route you did with the A-pillar gauge housing with a couple AutoMeter gauges - one the air pressure, the other transmission temp. Just seemed like a simpler solution. Thanks.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the air gauge on mine that I'm not using.. If you would like to trade, shoot me a PM!
Thanks for the offer - all the components are on their way to do the A-Pillar install of a couple gauges - so I'm set. You were smart to get the air gauge one from the start. Even if you aren't using it now, you may decide to do on-board air at some point and you're set. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.