JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I tried searching, but didn't find an answer. I have a 2014 JKHR with the 430N navigation unit, but the Nav is broke. I also have 2016 75th Anniversary with the 430 (no Nav). I want to swap the 430 into the '14 and get a new A/M unit for the 75th Ann.

As I understand it, I need a "code" from the '14 to get the 430 to work in it - or the code from the head unit going into it...not quite sure. I took the '14 to a dealer and told them what I wanted to do, but the parts and service guys had no clue.

Can someone clarify?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RE: Anti-theft code...think I found the answer posted in another forum, attributed to someone called "Suicideking" - Quote below;

"The procedure to get the code is as follows. Best to do this BEFORE you ship it to the buyer.

1. Call your dealer and explain that you need your security code
2. They will likely have you come in and show your vehicle registration because they need the VIN number and need to prove that the radio wasn't stolen
3. They will need to go to their 'DEALER CONNECT' site that is only available to dealers
4. Go to the 'SERVICE' section
5. Then go to the 'REPAIR' section. There will be a link on that page for radio security codes.
6. They will have to type in your VIN number and the Serial Number from the radio. (This is why it's better to do this before shipping)

It will then give them the Anti-Theft Code (4 digits)

If you call them and they try to give you the run around (like they did me) insist that they look on their 'DEALER CONNECT' site.

The code IS NOT in the manual that came with your Jeep. There is no supplement for the radio included."

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....Just for everyone's information who may search this topic in the future; I swapped the radio's between the '14 (430N) and the '16 (430) and required NO CODE. I had them both, just didn't need them. They both turned right on and acted as normal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
....Just for everyone's information who may search this topic in the future; I swapped the radio's between the '14 (430N) and the '16 (430) and required NO CODE. I had them both, just didn't need them. They both turned right on and acted as normal.
To add to this, I ordered a used 430 online from a '14 to replace a 130 in my '13 and although I was given the security code, I too, didn't need it. New unit turned on and worked as normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts