JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a local Jeeper that wants to swap my 130S for his nav the 730N. We both have the Alpine system. Would it be as easy and pulling one and adding another?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I believe the dealer has to flash the Power Control Module for it to work. Otherwise it will be a swap if the wiring is present.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.....they both have UConnect. Are the bluetooth modules inside both units?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx everyone. And I'm guessing the code has to be done at the dealer??

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
So if the 130 has u-connect there is a separate module. The 730 it is built in. What I did when I switched mine out is used the harness from the 130 to u-connect and modified it to work with the 730 so that the microphone for your hands free can work. That means you would need a second harness if you want to install the 130 back into another vehicle. I searched how to do it online. Let me see if I can find the thread. Also you will need a security code for the 730 if it came from a 2012 or newer. You have to get the code from the dealer. You have to give them the vin number from the vehicle the 730 came from to get it. It is a 4 digit code you enter into the radio when you first turn it on in the new vehicle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts