JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any advise on a MOPAR V6 or V8 swap and hopefully eliminate this TIPM nightmare. Also same question using GM V6 or V8 and retain function of A/C, and dash gauges. I'm open to a full harness swap with a compatible Auto trans. I sure don't want to get too expensive.
2007 Jeep Wrangler JK 3.8 V6, auto, PS, PB, A/C. (without PW, PL, Cruise)

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Whats your budget?

I think RPM Extreme was working on a 3.6 swap once upon a time but I dont know if they ever finished. There is a thread out in the interwebs where someone undertook this swap themselves and actually completed it so dont know how technical you are.

There is another thread of someone doing a 5.7 hemi swap for under 10K and he does a very good job of documenting it.

LS swap kits use the factory TIPM so not sure its going to work out for you on that front UNLESS you do a full stand alone harness and basically gut all of the jeep electronics. Several people out there have done this but this is the most technically challenging approach.

·
Registered
2008 JKU w/LS 5.3
11 Posts
I run the rpm extreme kit with a 5.3 6l80e swap. that is probably the cheapest swap you can do. the rpm extreme can bus system works great, really wouldn’t know it had a chevy motor under the hood driving it around. great kit, great support.

785 Posts
The TIPM gets a bad rap. Im our experience the TIPM's don't fail all that often. Pretty much any conversion you will undertake will require that the TIPM be functioning unless you FULL standalone and run everything new, including the AC, lights, wipers, dash etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.