1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Well I personally haven't done the trail myself so I can't vouch for its difficulty one way or another. I have heard tale that it has heavy brush and will beat the snot out of your body. Again, I can neither confirm nor deny such claims.

Matt is a very nice fellow and has really provided the average wheeler with a very good perspective of what the Arizona trails are like. We've met a couple times and I think its great he does what he does...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
toughest?

..ok I am baffled, whats new. I did FSR 643 solo a few months back before even my one locker, and we all now my driving sucks. I got all the way up to pines so was pretty close to the wilderness boundary. At the top there were spots that made me pine for steel fenders but have been wanting to go back. I was calling it easy so nobody seemed interested, accept Rich...guess I will have to plan on it..........mehbe, if I can get permission:shitstorm:

the scenary is outstanding, good camping spots, and at least one option that looked very hard, perhaps the squeeze. Looked to me like the fs had been out moving and piling rocks etc.......there is some off camber, some tight spots and a shelf or two and lots and lots of little bowling ball size rocks.......

·
Registered
87 Posts
So your coming and bringing loppers?
Been there done that LOL
Manzanita bushes are a bitch, just remember when you see them you are at 5000'
BTW, over the years we have had 3 roll overs on the last climb...woohhoo.
And I wasn't one of them:bounce:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
^^^^^this guy is gay...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Fuck Gunny when did you get your ball enlargement? Did Murray help you with this? Your secret is good with me..:) I am however glad to see you use the rig in the fashion it was intended. Too much money in that thing to be doing ***** Shit!:jawdrop: As for me My driveshaft is being built and I should have it tommorow. I am going to need to replace the tc shift cable so I will do the upgrade. Will try to get the parts needed and get this done. If done in time i will attend:)

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuck Gunny when did you get your ball enlargement? Did Murray help you with this? Your secret is good with me..:) I am however glad to see you use the rig in the fashion it was intended. Too much money in that thing to be doing ***** Shit!:jawdrop: As for me My driveshaft is being built and I should have it tommorow. I am going to need to replace the tc shift cable so I will do the upgrade. Will try to get the parts needed and get this done. If done in time i will attend:)
When I finally got them out of your mouth.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
I sure aint going. You all know I'm a ***** and only do fj approved trails...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Woo hoo, it looks like I can make this one :bounce:

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So since I have never done this trail I wanted to do a little investigation on it. I found this. Fuck do they need a spotter at the mall as well? And is that Paul at the 36 second mark hiding behind the tree?:D

Mike McDonald on Sutherland Trail - YouTube

1 - 20 of 42 Posts