JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 3 inch Fabtech Lift, With 3 inch spacers,factory springs, Drop down pitman arm, relocation bracket, and still have factory track bar. I am putting on 4 inch springs and shocks. I am wondering if I can get away with out changing my factory track bar, until I can afford an adjustable one. Or just wait and replace it at the same time.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I currently have a 3 inch Fabtech Lift, With 3 inch spacers,factory springs, Drop down pitman arm, relocation bracket, and still have factory track bar. I am putting on 4 inch springs and shocks. I am wondering if I can get away with out changing my factory track bar, until I can afford an adjustable one. Or just wait and replace it at the same time.
All depends on how well the relocation bracket works. You'll only really know once you have the springs in. Plenty of people run around with the track off, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's not off by much.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to see if I am going to need anything else before I put on the springs and shocks. I don't want to pull everything off and don't have what I need and have to wait for a part to ship. It wouldn't be the first time..:shaking:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Just trying to see if I am going to need anything else before I put on the springs and shocks.
The only thing I can thing you'd need to do at the same time would be bump stops and that may not even be necessary. Everything else can be done independent of the springs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the new bump stops. They came with the springs and shocks. I am still going to get an adjustable track bar soon and an steering stabilizer. Would like to get 37's this next year once the 35's wear out...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Go for it. Get the trac bar when you can but it should be ok to run with just the bracket. I would install the spring and shocks only, flex it to make sure you bottom out on the bumpstops and not the shocks, if the shocks bottom out first then install the bumpstops. This will give you the most possible flex. You could always keep the same shocks and just put 4in springs as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts