JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets start getting some measurements on exactly how much lift different kits and combos actually result
Take a measurement from your wheel center to the bottom of the flare, that way tire size or wheel size don't figure in. Only thing that will mess with the results is aftermarket or modified flares or bumpers/winches
This way we have a database of real world lift amounts.
Big thing we need to get it started is some stock measurements - Rubicon, Sahara and X

I'll start
4D Rubi
Front 25 3/4"
Rear 25 5/8"
Poly 3" springs and synergy shocks F&R w/TF 2.5" spacers in front as well
Mopar steel front bumper w/12k winch

Stock 08 Rubi is
front 20 1/4"
rear 21 1/4"

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Good idea. Here's mine:

Front: 25"
Rear: 24"

Equipment listed in signature. Interestingly, measuring them this way made me see that my driver's side is sitting about a half inch to an inch higher than the passenger's side. Something else to investigate!

·
Registered
441 Posts
2007 JK
Clayton 3.5" with 1" spacer in front to compensate for bumper and winch

front 25.5"
rear 24.5"

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
..Interestingly, measuring them this way made me see that my driver's side is sitting about a half inch to an inch higher than the passenger's side. Something else to investigate!
How much fuel is in your tank? I have noticed when the tank is full the rig sits a little lower on the passenger side but never measured it...

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have 27 3/4" all around except the driver's side rear is 28". I like the rake.

I am running a Teraflex 4" system with 2.5" Teraflex BB spacers in the rear and ACOS Pros up front.

Weight up front:
Teraflex front bumper - 90 lbs.
Warn PowerPlant - 90 lbs.

Weight on rear:
Warn rear bumper/tire carrier - ? lbs. (maybe about 130)
37" Toyo/Wheel - 120 lbs.

The lift system when initially installed netted 5.5" with stock bumpers and stock spring isolator still in. Lost almost an inch in the rear when I added the rear bumper/tire carrier. That was when I added the 2.5" BB spacers in the rear as well as took out the stock isolator.

Lost only 3/8" when I added the front bumper. Installed the ACOS Pros and adjusted for the lost height plus about another 1/2". Just installing them at thier lowest setting gains you 1/2", so total I raised the front an additional 1.5". I lost another 3/8" after installing the winch and adjusted the ACOS Pros to get back that 3/8" plus another 1/2". These ACOS Pros have been a great mod.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
well, I went out to measure mine but tit was a little dark to get good measurments right now. I noticed it is a little difficult to get EXACT measurments this way for those of us whos tires stick out past the fender and wheel. Are you measuring to the inside lip of the fender flare (its lowest point) or the outside bottom edge?

On another forum we would measure from the top of the axel to a pint directly above...

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
What is the advertised height of the Currie lift?
5 1/2 front and 3 rear. on the two door it sat low in the rear, but both that I have seen on four doors sits real nice without the rear spacer.

I also had trouble measuring cause my tires stick out a lot. I think top of the C to the lip of the spring cup would be a lo easier to measure.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I noticed it is a little difficult to get EXACT measurments this way for those of us whos tires stick out past the fender and wheel..
even if you run from the center of the wheel over the tire and back into the flare, it's gonna be pretty darn close- off by 1/8" maybe

G

·
0 Posts
How much fuel is in your tank? I have noticed when the tank is full the rig sits a little lower on the passenger side but never measured it...
A little less than half a tank. Good thought, though. I'm not sure what would cause it unless the springs have different rates. Anyone else see any difference in height side-to-side?

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
even if you run from the center of the wheel over the tire and back into the flare, it's gonna be pretty darn close- off by 1/8" maybe

I think I am just too many :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:'s right now to see straight bent over in the dark to measure my lift, lol

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
22 3/4 rear
21 3/4 front

Took measurements this AM after filling up gas tank

No lift...just OME shocks

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure what would cause it unless the springs have different rates.?
maybe the spring on the high side isn't rotated around and seated all the way?

·
Registered
441 Posts
A little less than half a tank. Good thought, though. I'm not sure what would cause it unless the springs have different rates. Anyone else see any difference in height side-to-side?
The suspension doesn't always settle on one side from trip to trip. Just rock the Jeep back and forth a few times and see if it's closer. The fuel is going to have some effect.

G

·
0 Posts
The suspension doesn't always settle on one side from trip to trip. Just rock the Jeep back and forth a few times and see if it's closer. The fuel is going to have some effect.
Good point. I tried rocking it back and forth as you suggested but still get about the same results. I guess I'm just going to ignore it.

G

·
0 Posts
maybe the spring on the high side isn't rotated around and seated all the way?
I hadn't thought of that. I checked and they are indexed properly. I can't really think of much else other than what has been suggested - the front sway bar isn't under any tension so it isn't applying any "twist". I didn't check the rear so I guess that could be a possibility. Other than that, it would have to be asymmetrical weight (left to right), the springs are different rates or lengths or the spring pads are different.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts