JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know (think) one of us works with this kinda stuff and I need help! A very special person is looking to set one up and I was wondering if anyone had any info on what some good ones are! Also, if needed, possibly help with install????

Anyone's help with this would be very very appreciated by me personally!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
I think Scott may have some prototype shit in the sharn...lol

I remember a thread on here when someones shit got broken into that had a bunch of good info. On the phone or I would find it....:beer:

Is this thing on?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I've installed a 16 channel system at home, and a hidden system on ATMs. Let me know what you need help with and I can point you in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This is part of my job that I do for our wonderful country so if you need a hand I can point you in the right direction on some stuff. Unfortunatley I wont be up that way until sometime late summer early fall so I can't help with install but they are pretty much straight forward.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I do some cameras for my work, I'd be happy to give you a hand with it. Running the wire is the hardest part. Check out www.securitycamerasdirect.com, they have a large selection of cameras. Digital Watchdog makes nice affordable DVRs, you can get them through Amazon or B&H.
How many cameras are you looking to install? Indoors or outside?

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the responses! Sid I thought you did stuff like that but wasn't positive. These would be out door cameras and Im not sure just how many yet but at the most I'd think 4.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will definitely be in touch Sid when I know more. I can run wire but this is VERY important so I'd feel so much better with help from someone who knows what they are doing for real!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds good! 4 cameras should be pretty easy. Outside you can usually tuck the wires behind the gutters and leaders. We might need a good hammer drill if we need to get the wire into the foundation.
Let me know what you're thinking and we'll design something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Logitec - -(Best Buy) carries them ----- 250.00 first camera, I believe 180.00 for subsequent ones. They are color/b-w ---- easy install ---- can monitor from you iphone--only problem I had was the built in IR is not strong enough to illuminate a really large area --however Bestbuy sells a separate IR illuminator or you can go on line and get one --- lot out there ---- very satisfied with it --- day time motion detector is awesome---as I said, if you want more view at night - ya gotta get another IR illuminator. Uses the wiring in your house -- so all you gotta do is run the power(phone line) thru a window and plug it in ---- very simple - program on your computer is for up to 5 cameras. --- hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, thanks again y'all and wahya that was help as that was something that was being looked at!

Steph I'll explain more this week end at Muddy Paws!

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
I'll help if you need it Doug, I've been running wire for phone,internet n tv for 25 years.

The logitech looks good but havingto have them plugged in on the same breaker seems like a pain if all around the house. I dont see if you can run a cat5 to each one instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts