JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the Trail Dash tuner from Superchips? May get a tuner down the road and was curious as to how well the "trail" setting on the tuner really is.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I've got the trail dash with the dash pod and like it a lot.

The crawl setting is nice takes a second to get used to. You don't get a whole lot of surging and it feels similar to the towing tune with more low end to it.

Have not had the chance to try the 93 octane tune only get 92 in my area.

The only complaint I have is that the light doesn't dim when you turn the headlights on but its not a big deal.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I like my TrailDash unit quite a bit. Primarily I used it to reprogram the ECU when I changed my gearing and tire size, but I really like the PIDs that you can set up to monitor things like transmission temp. I haven't yet used it to alter my shift points or anything. I do have a back up camera hooked up to it. I've found that very useful. It's a little pricey compared to other programmers but considering all of its features, it's reasonably priced actually.

The only downside is that it doesn't look like there have been any updates in a long time and the Superchips forum is simply worthless.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like my TrailDash unit quite a bit. Primarily I used it to reprogram the ECU when I changed my gearing and tire size, but I really like the PIDs that you can set up to monitor things like transmission temp. I haven't yet used it to alter my shift points or anything. I do have a back up camera hooked up to it. I've found that very useful. It's a little pricey compared to other programmers but considering all of its features, it's reasonably priced actually.

The only downside is that it doesn't look like there have been any updates in a long time and the Superchips forum is simply worthless.
Good to know. I haven't really seen any other tuners that are set up for Jeeps. Especially set up for trail riding. Thanks for the info!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts