JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't updated your superchips in awhile I suggest do so. Ive had mine for about 2 years and to be honest it sucks. Motor pings and shifts gears too soon.

Monday I updated the superchips via website and WOW! the pinging is gone the jeep shifts so much better and it actually feels pretty good now. What ever they did they did a good job. I was going to post up Tuesday but I figured I would give it a few days of driving to make sure it wasn't just in my head.

Not sure when this updated firmware came out but I would check to see If you have it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Have had my programmer since last summer and it is awesome. It has easily paid for itself in fuel savings.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have had my programmer since last summer and it is awesome. It has easily paid for itself in fuel savings.
What MPG gain did you see? 10%?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Closer to 20% on the hwy. This past weeks road trip loaded with about 500lb of gear, I was getting between 18-19 mpg in tow tune OD off. That's 3.5" lift, auto, 3.73, on 35" Pitbulls. Best mileage was at 50-55mpg. Running faster (60-65) decreased mileage to 17mpg due to the awesome aerodynamics of the Jeep.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I hope you guys aren't going off the digital mpg display. Regardless how I drive, with a tuner, I get an average of 15mpg. It's been hand calculated, smartphone app rather, for the last 30 fillups. Going off the display and a slightly off speedometer can easily show exaggerated "results".

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hand calculated always. Dash display is good for nothing more then monitoring economy while you drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.