JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Superchips Trail Dash this morning...sitting on my desk at work. Did I let that stop me? Shit no I didn't. I marched my happy ass out to the parking lot to return my procal tune to stock and install the Trail Dash and the corresponding Dash Pod that replaces the top panel above the stereo and gives my Trail Dash a cozy little home. Routing the cable was a piece of cake as noted in the directions, but had some issues with getting the Dash Pod to seat. I have a 2010 JKU that has the compass module attached to the top of the stereo, not the plastic plate above it. Thought I would be good and payed it no mind...but this is what held me up as it was not allowing the plate to snug down tightly. After discovering this dumb ass move everything snapped in to place just fine. The trail dash loaded great, set to 91 tune, disabled TPMS, set my tire size and I am good to go. Figured I should get back to work so I was not able to play with the features much. I did reset a few gauges and placed a trans temp gauge on the main screen which is nice. Im not expecting major gains, but I am excited to go out and see what the 91 tunes does at lunch. Running with a procal only for the last year has been good, hopefully this will give it more kick. I will report back with some pics and updates on features later.

·
I Put the FU in FUN
4,254 Posts
I have one too. I love it. Can't wait to try out the inclinometer this weekend at the trails.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can't wait to hear how you like it after lunch!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well made a quick lunch run using the 91 octane mod. Throttle is more responsive, faster off the line so I am happy. I don't expect that the performance tune is any different than the 3875, but not having that before it is definitely a difference from stock. I got a chance to mess with the gauges also. Was a little surprised to see how high the Engine Coolant temp runs and have the trans temp in real time is awesome, will be great on the trails too. I will mess with it more tonight and get some screen pics up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, until I can use my real camera...here are a few more crappy cell phone shots.

Horrible Image of the LCD screen.

Here is a closer shot of the same. This shows the Engine Coolant Temp, MPH, and the Trans Temp.

This screen shows the clinometer and various temp/voltage readings.

Further out shot of the Dash Pod...

Plug in to the OBD port. Very easy. Just pop out the plastic under the steering wheel, front part of the dash where the controls and radio are, run the wire, slap on the new pod.

·
Registered
561 Posts
fuck that is slick. I have never even seen these damn things. I have seen the typical 3875 or whatever the shit is, but this is badass.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I looks a lot bigger in the pic than it really is. I don't think it will be a problem.
If you think about it could you let me know after a couple of weeks? That's just the only thing I could see as a potential problem. If its short/small enough I doubt there will be any. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why make something this good, and not make a mount for the 2011/12 models!!!!!

And will it work with a diesel????

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
are their options to mount it in other areas, maybe on the left side of the dash? I don't want to put it right there in the middle of my dash.

I'd love to hear some more comments on this from people that switched from the 3875. :koolaid:

1 - 20 of 179 Posts