JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked/searched in the Canada forum, but found nothing.

I am interested in the Superchips programming, primarily for the boost in MPG as well as some light power increase.

But...I don't seem to find any reference to using the device in Canada. Any concerns, problems, technical issues etc.

Anyone in Canada have one?

Tks...

Grant

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey!

I've been running the superchips flashpaq for about 6 months now with no issues, got it from Northridge4x4.ca they have them for a pretty decent price, $50 to $70 cheaper than elsewhere I looked. Give stan a call, sure he has a few left.

Only real issue I had, was at temps below -30 if using the fuel saver milage program. the fog lamps wouldn't come one, as they cause to big of an amp draw.

My fuel ecomony went from 15.2 in the city to 12.9 and 14.0 on the highway to 11.2 over night just by using the flashpaq!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Hey!

I've been running the superchips flashpaq for about 6 months now with no issues, got it from Northridge4x4.ca they have them for a pretty decent price, $50 to $70 cheaper than elsewhere I looked. Give stan a call, sure he has a few left.

Only real issue I had, was at temps below -30 if using the fuel saver milage program. the fog lamps wouldn't come one, as they cause to big of an amp draw.

My fuel ecomony went from 15.2 in the city to 12.9 and 14.0 on the highway to 11.2 over night just by using the flashpaq!

Hope that helps!
You lost mileage with the tuner?

·
Registered
461 Posts
No thats Liters per 100 Kilometers, were Metric up here! The smaller the number the better!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
No thats Liters per 100 Kilometers, were Metric up here! The smaller the number the better!
LOL.....now I understand ;) I plan on getting the SuperChips and running the 87 tune....ya scared me there for a while.:smokin::beer:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not knowing much about these... obviously you cannot change the settings on your own (as OP is looking to get it programmed)... Are there ones out there that let you change your own settings?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Not knowing much about these... obviously you cannot change the settings on your own (as OP is looking to get it programmed)... Are there ones out there that let you change your own settings?

The Superchips flashpaq lets to adjust settings on your own, it plugs in to the OBDII port. You do not have to send the ECM away to get chipped or re-programed.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The Superchip Flashpaq is by far worth its weight in gold. Thats lbs or kilogram. You should be able to find it for $300 or less shipped. There are a few vendors on the forum who can help ya out.

The flashpaq has many features that allows you to set certian settings on your Jeep. Downloads and updates can be done by plugging it into home your computer. It is super simple to use. So simple a caveman can do it.LOL

Anyway you will notice a big change for the positive. Or negative if you are using the metric scale.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
totally worth it. got mine last week from someone who had just sold his jeep and i noticed a pretty significant difference after setting it up to the 87 tune.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Superchips arrived, updated, and installed. Just a quick city drive, and there is a noticable difference....want to try it on the highway though.

Question....does anyone know how the updating works? i.e. on the Superchips forums, individuals seem to get particular updates, but I was wondering if those updates make it into the general update that comes down, or do you have to post a note about your issue and get a "custom" update.

i.e. lurchy throttle with manual transmission and 93 octane peddle touchiness threads - people post problems, and are told to update...but does that only effect their particualar units? re: they can update by serial #? Cool!

Grant

1 - 10 of 10 Posts