JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem an intuitively easy question, but these do not both piggyback the same OEM modules, right? One works on the EFI, the other just boosts the throttle sensitivity, right?

Not that I have the money to do both, but would they be compatible (that is both still do their job and make the other perform better)?

And if I have money for one, I lean toward the Superchips. Any good arguments to the contrary?

Thanks -Scotty

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
My two cents.... which is contrary to most every other thing I have read (regarding the Flashpaq).

The Flashpaq is marginal. Just like every other chip I have used in a gas application.... marginal. Some firmer shifting, some better shift points. Supposed extra HP and TQ.

The Sprint Booster on the other hand, while not giving you newer, better numbers, makes the Jeep's throttle response much better. If you've ever driven a BMW, think "sport mode." Not as in the added performance of the beemer's optional drive mode, but the feeling of that. Hope that makes sense.

BUT.... in combination with the Sprint Booster, the Flashpaq comes alive. The Sprint Booster addresses what the Flashpaq lacks. Not giving it better numbers, no gas chip will really give you great numbers, unless it's on a diesel.

I would recommend the Sprint Booster first and then the Flashpaq.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, some good food for thought. I hoped they'd be compatible, but believed only one would suffice. It would appear that I need to save for both! Since I have had a Dodge 4x4 diesel with a Bully Dog programmer, I get the feeling that I might be a wee bit disappointed with the lackluster numbers that come out of this little gas engine "that should" by comparison. It was shocking to say the least, stepping down from 350+ HP and 800 flbs torque to this neutered little thing. But I have ALWAYS wanted a Jeep, got a GREAT trade-in, and still have 4x4. Other than the engine leaving me feeling passed on the highway, I really have no regrets. Desires? Yes!!! There's a bunch of mods to come. I just did slip on a set of Spidetrax spacers. Some tube fenders will be needed and I like the not yet made but coming MetalCloak stuff (River Raiders also nice). Better skid plates, better bumpers... ah, you guys know the drill! More dreams than money!

Thanks again -Scotty

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sprint booster made a huge difference on mine. I was going to go with a programmer, but didn't want to screw up my computer(not confirmed but also don't want to risk it). The sprint booster took care of what I was missing, the snap that a hemi should have. I noticed the lag worse with the hemi than I did with the 3.8 but I'm sure it'd make a huge difference.

That said, I'd probably do a programmer first if I were you so you can adjust for gear & tire changes(assuming you will be doing these).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts