JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curios which settings you run on your Superchips tuner. I am currently set on 91, with adjustment for tire size. Could you also tell me what kind of mileage you get. Does anyone run the XS mileage setting?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Tow tune with 89/93oct, depending on how I feel filling up. Seems to run the best to me, where I want it (lower rpm v high rpm "performance").

Feels better to give up chasing fuel milage, kiss it goodbye and you'll feel better! Reset that odometer mid-way through a tank and blaze on!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Feels better to give up chasing fuel milage, kiss it goodbye and you'll feel better! Reset that odometer mid-way through a tank and blaze on![/QUOTE]

X2 If you want good gas mileage, buy a prius!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
87 octane tune, speedo adjusted for the 33's, superchips throttle map, tpms disable.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Xs tune 12.5-13.5 mpg tire size correction. Like they said give up on mpg,this ait no hyundai. I do wish it shifted better has anyone tried the trans tuner?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have been running the xs tune the last couple weeks. It isnt bad, not really sure how to explain it but there is a spot deeper in the throttle where it feels like the engine comes alive. I think superchips took the tune and devalued the throttle inputs until you purposefully give it alot of throttle.
I havent noticed any real increase in mpg or performance.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i run the 89 tune and get around 15mpg. i do have a heavy right foot tho.

give up on going for good mileage.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I run the xs setting and I have got up to 23 mpg cruisin in the city. I'm averaging 18 to 19 mpg which is including city and highway driving. Aftermarket exhaust, air intake and gears probly helps too. I'm runnin 37s bfg

·
Registered
237 Posts
I run the 87 octane tune. I find it provides the best bang for the buck. The shifting is much better than the XS tune. You get better performance and shifting responsiveness with the higer tunes, especially the towing tune, but it costs more in gas due to having to use the higher octane. For some the little extra cost is worth it for the performance increase.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I should have qualified my better milkeage request by saying that I was getting about 12 pre tune, and I will have to let you know where it is now with the 91 tune, just did it a couple days ago.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked today, with not even a full tank thru of high octane and I am running like 14, nice! Getting better..... I'd be super happy at 16. But 14 is better than the old modified TJ I used to drive.

·
Registered
398 Posts
running 91 tune with exhaust intake (snorkel and k&n) 6 speed, 3.73 gears and 35's i'm getting 16.5-17.5

running tow tune and 91, i get about 16.
towing 1000 lbs on I10 for 10 hours i got 14.5.

not too upset cause when i was stock i was only getting 18.5.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am lovin the superchips unit right now. LAst fill up was real close to 17 mpg. I also have the 3.73 gearing but in an auto, I find that the jeep is accelerating better, and performs better at highway speeds.

HAs anyone messed with the function that will allow to lock the axle in 4hi?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've tried pretty much every stock tune Superchips puts in the unit. I noticed a huge increase over stock on my stock rubi. But:
-I didn't feel the extra cost of the fuel for the 93 octane tune was worth it - the difference between that tune & the 87 tune was barely perceptable
-I often got pinging on the 87 tune. Wierd.
-I'm now using the tow tune & it seems to be the best of both worlds.

I've lifted my Jeep & put on 35's. Haven't changed the gears yet, but need to badly. With the stock Rubi 4.10's, 35's & Tow Tune, I get between 14.5 & 15.5 pretty much no matter what I do - some light towing, some city, some highway.

I still think this is the best bang for the buck mod I've done.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I run the xs setting and I have got up to 23 mpg cruisin in the city. I'm averaging 18 to 19 mpg which is including city and highway driving. Aftermarket exhaust, air intake and gears probly helps too. I'm runnin 37s bfg
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that one...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Nah, it's a factory freak build. Has 20% better efficiency than everyone else. He's just a lucky dog!.....orrrr is going off the dash display/has a inaccurate speedo. :laughing: 23 city mpg on 37s, idling while being towed AND an average of 18/19 mixed driving, maybe thats with 30,000miles of stock tire driving and 2,000 with 37s average :laughing:

[flame on]

·
Registered
215 Posts
Maybe with 37s, but that kind of fuel economy isn't unheard of. I have the mileage tune on my wife's '10. She's running a BB, 285/70R17 MT/Rs, stock gears, and the MBRP cat-back that relocates the muffler and averages 18 mpg in town. We've gotten upwards of 22 mpg on the highway, at high elevations, hand-calculated.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Maybe with 37s, but that kind of fuel economy isn't unheard of. I have the mileage tune on my wife's '10. She's running a BB, 285/70R17 MT/Rs, stock gears, and the MBRP cat-back that relocates the muffler and averages 18 mpg in town. We've gotten upwards of 22 mpg on the highway, at high elevations, hand-calculated.
I think you further proved how unlikely it is for a 37" tire w/matching lift JK could be putting down the same GOOD numbers as your wife's rig..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I guess I'm just lucky to get that mpg? I'm runnin 5 13 gears with 37s my speedometer is is dead on. I calibrated everything with the superchip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts