JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running a Flashpaq for quite a while and had not bothered to update it since I first installed it. Last week I decided to update and all I can say is WOW!:mr-t: It made a helluva difference!

I run the 87 octane tune (yes I'm cheap) with 87 octane gas. Before it would ping under load, now I only had very minor pinging when it's over 100 degrees out. There's also a setting for improved throttle response. Overall it's a lot better and the old tune was a big step up over stock.

So if you haven't updated lately take the time!:beer:

·
Registered
154 Posts
last time I updated was about a month ago...maybe I'll do it again tonight.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There's also a setting for improved throttle response.
Can you clarify? Is this similar to what the Sprint Booster does? I have been told the Booster and Flashpak work well together, but if the Superchip's tuner now has a setting to do what the booster does, I can see no reason to buy both!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Can you clarify? Is this similar to what the Sprint Booster does? I have been told the Booster and Flashpak work well together, but if the Superchip's tuner now has a setting to do what the booster does, I can see no reason to buy both!
I decided to try running Premium gas and the 93 tune, and now my JK is a lot more fun to drive. The 87 tune does help the dead gas pedal quite a bit, but jumping to the 93 tune was a big improvement.

I don't know if the Sprint Booster improves on this, and I'm not willing to shell out $330 bucks to find out. I got no problem with someone making a profit, but $330 for what appears to be no more than $25 - $35 worth of parts is INSANE.

If Billy Mays was still alive he'd be pitching these for $49.95 (+ $12.95 S&H) and virtually every JK owner on the planet would buy one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently took my JK in for a soft top problem and the dealer flashed the computer:shaking:

Good thing I set the tuning back to stock before I took it in.

Now when I tried to install a new tune the flashpaq did not recognize the current jeep tune and said to update the tuner:shaking:

I updated the tuner and the computer said that they dont have a tune for my jeep.:bawling:

Its been almost 1 week and I'm still waiting for superchips to make a tune for my jeep:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I recently took my JK in for a soft top problem and the dealer flashed the computer:shaking:

Good thing I set the tuning back to stock before I took it in.

Now when I tried to install a new tune the flashpaq did not recognize the current jeep tune and said to update the tuner:shaking:

I updated the tuner and the computer said that they dont have a tune for my jeep.:bawling:

Its been almost 1 week and I'm still waiting for superchips to make a tune for my jeep:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:
I just had my 2010 JK flashed a few weeks ago for the transmission overheat warning recall. Of course I removed the programming before going to the dealer. I had no problem reprogramming afterward. And I almost always update the Flashpaq before reprogramming the JK.

I assume you posted the issue on the Superchips forum. Did you get a reply? If not, bump it. They are usually pretty quick to respond.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I plugged the tuner into the computer it updated and said that my tune was sent to their engineering department and I will get a email when they have a tune for my jeep:shaking:

Still no tune as of today:pissed:

Can't wait for the tune because the jeep feels sluggish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts