JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed up to Sunrise Lake with Spillidge on Sunday for a quick run up the V-Rock. Proved that plastic side steps are not sliders :shaking:

Lining up for the v-rock

Coming back down

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
That was a fun trip.

Amazing how easily that step tore out of the sheet metal! :laughing:
Glad to hear you got it looking better though.

I didn't get any pics worth adding, we will have to stop for pics next time out.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Damn I missed out. But I got my new orh soft top so that was a great present in it's self. Let's plan a trip on weekend here soon. But I gotta service my rear shock first it sprung a seal leak. Waiting for the replacement seals

·
Registered
19 Posts
I brought a good friend of mine up there,in his stock sahara unlimited while I still had
My tundra.

We had to stack(and unstack) a few rocks and he still had to drag himself over
On the plastic side step. Held up fine,he must have been lucky.

Pic's look great, that will be the next place I take the new rubi:bounce:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I brought a good friend of mine up there,in his stock sahara unlimited while I still had
My tundra.

We had to stack(and unstack) a few rocks and he still had to drag himself over
On the plastic side step. Held up fine,he must have been lucky.

Pic's look great, that will be the next place I take the new rubi:bounce:

We had to stack on they way down so Starcat wouldn't lose the drivers side step. They step held up fine, just scratched, but the attachment point ripped out of the body.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bent the attachment point back a bit and popped the front screws back into the plastic. The wife couldn't even tell where the damage was, caught her out looking for it this morning on her run. Still a good enough excuse to get sliders though ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any excuse to modify something is a good one. I love those stubby bumpers
You guys dont get hassled over tire coverage? I might have to go that route

·
Registered
596 Posts
never had a issue with tire coverage and ive had mine on for 2 yrs now never pulled over yet (knock on wood) well next time someone wants to go out send me a pm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts