JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from going up to Long Trout winery in Auburn, PA.....Top off and sunny and 81. What a beautiful day. Very little off road. All in all a very good day in my JK....:):bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
137 Posts
65 and sunny yesterday. Took the front panels off the hard top. Drove about 3 miles. Temp dropped 10 degrees and it started raining. Pulled over, put the panels back on and felt claustrophobic. I was amazed that it only took a few minutes with the top open to realize how much I hate the closed in feeling.

It didn't rain long, so I was able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon open... even if I was just running around town doing errands.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I hear ya. I put the soft top back on, after removing the hard top, as the mesh bikini would not fear well with rain. So just in case of a downpour, I could easily pull over, and put the top on. My woomba says the trail cover looks like blinders that you put on a horse, like "Jeep, time to go to sleep, rest up for more play time tomorrow..."

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I have the top off and doors open so the heap can dry out after 5" of rain yesterday!!

Should have nice weather for several days. Will yank the doors off later on today.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now just got word that we will have rain Sunday thru Wednesday......Back to the Garage, don't have the trail cover yet....By the way what was the cost and was it worth it, you know is durable enough?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I put the soft top on this weekend:bounce:had it down all weekend...my head got burt:shaking:gotta remember to wear a hat. I also know why they slice the soft top to break in...if you don't know what you are doing it can be a little hard to to:confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Now just got word that we will have rain Sunday thru Wednesday......Back to the Garage, don't have the trail cover yet....By the way what was the cost and was it worth it, you know is durable enough?
Its a Bestop brand, and well worth it-I got it for $130 from 4wheelparts.com. Fits like OJ's glove. Nice heavy duty grade material & soft backing. I still have an old one that is 10yrs old from my old 2dr YJ, and I use it to cover the dirt bikes all year round. Its just starting to show some cracking etc, so this one should last too.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just got done with a heat spell (53f low/92+ high) for the last couple of days, so I decided to put the soft top on, get it stretched out, etc. Supposed to get some rain on Friday-Saturday, test it out for leaks. I didn't realize the soft top came with tinted windows-sweet!

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's 55 degrees right now. My ever-accurate metorologist says it will be 80+ in an hour or so. I have to go buy some cheap bicycle mirrors to jam into the door hinges so I can pull the doors off and throw 4 ratchet straps over a tree branch to hook to the hard top, unbolt it and drive away! :bounce:

No important info here. Wife is still asleep and I just HAD to tell someone.

Sorry Mr. Gore, but my "carbon footprint" is gonna be HUGE this weekend!

Thanks for listening,

Duffy

·
Registered
783 Posts
Its gonna be in the 80's here all weekend, so the top and front doors are coming off today. I wish I could take the back doors off too, but my little guy isn't old enough to ride with them off yet. I'm hoping to give my Trail Cover a try this weekend too...got it for christmas and havn't had a chance to try it yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts