JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So there is mud in my fuse box, condinsation on top of the fuses, and she wont start. She will turn over, she has almost caught a few times... but no start. popped out the relays to letthem druy, sprayed wire drier liberally. It turns, clicks while doing so, but no catch. About to pull the plugs...Stuck in BFE.
PLEASE HELP.

· Registered
11,420 Posts
Checked all the fuses? Checked for spark? Checked for fuel?

Engine needs air, fuel and spark...what are you missing?

· Registered
84 Posts
Pulled a guy from some soup a few weeks ago. His fuel filler was submerged for about 12 hours and when we finally pulled him his tank was reading full, even though he went in with only half a tank of gas...the rest filled with water. So start with your fuel gauge. If it looks fishy, you know what's up.

· Premium Member
8,890 Posts
DamnI hope things work out....if you're in Jersey reach out.....not clear on location!
He's down in south-east Texas. Not NJ.

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Update...

Well im sitting in the hospital. While waiting for my fuse box to dry my X-wife and I borrowed a fourwheeler... shoulda taken the Jeep as an omen. She just had screws and plates installed on the Posterior Humorus and is trying to sleep with 3 fractured ribs.

My Jeep is still at Gen Sams. I cant get my phone to let me upload the pics or even log in correctly right now. So pulled the plugs, several were wet, two with sediment. I turned it over, no water came out. Replaced the plugs, no luck. Checked the ETC and it is moving, though well try to manually hold it open Tuesday. With starter fluid, it wouldnt start.

I used a test light and am gettting NO spark from the coil pack... ideas?I found a new coil in huntsville, but i also have to figure out how to get it back with a PT Cruiser.

btw- someone email me at [email protected] and ill send you a pic of the sink and you can upload it so you can see how close I was to a wet flop.

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also...

Everything works. Light bars, radio, CD, i hear the CanBus clicking whe. the batt is connected. I visually inspected the fuses, no luck, pulled the fuse box and shook it dried it... no luck. not getting any spark.

Also, when it wad sunk amd motorboating, i pulled the key amd it would not die. It ran for nearly 2 min without the keys in. Again, it turns just fine and tries to start but there is no spark. Later, as it was sittng, the horn began just blowing.

the water line sat about 1/3 up th fuse box l, there is mud in the box. Was a few drops in the top intake tube, and the KN was a little wet on the bottom, but no wet ness in the tb. opened the butterfly and didnt see anything in the intake eother. No water in the oil. Tank was topped off when it went in.

It was only sitting like that (text me so u can upload the pic for me)for maybe 15 min. I think the plugs got wet from the backhoe tugging me out in reverse...valves open?

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
waterline...

Pulled a guy from some soup a few weeks ago. His fuel filler was submerged for about 12 hours and when we finally pulled him his tank was reading full, even though he went in with only half a tank of gas...the rest filled with water. So start with your fuel gauge. If it looks fishy, you know what's up.
Okay, i cant upload this pic for some reason. I was straddling a path ive taken many times. the left side just plopped in as the bank broke into a 60" rut. The diffs high centered and saved me from the flop. The water we.t over the passenger headlight to passe.ger rear wheel well base, and didnt get over the tranny tunnel inside.

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
waterline...

When I sunk my jeep my alternator shit out. How high did the water get? It was working enough for lights etc but not enough voltage to power jeep.
Alternator was above the water, but if that was the case wpuldnt having a jump get it runningutill the cables were pulled?

· Premium Member
8,890 Posts
It is... but could still have gotten fried in the process.

Pics-

Attachments

· Registered
6,203 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your wife, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The TIPM is the thing you are calling the fuse box. It may not be the problem but it does a lot more than hold fuses. It can cause all kinds of erratic behavior if it is damaged. Good luck, at least the engine is turning over and seems okay.

· Registered
28 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your wife, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The TIPM is the thing you are calling the fuse box. It may not be the problem but it does a lot more than hold fuses. It can cause all kinds of erratic behavior if it is damaged. Good luck, at least the engine is turning over and seems okay.
if it sounds like it wants to start, did you check your starter..?? back when super sandy hit NJ, my starter got submerged, but started,,,few days later, it would crank but the bendix didn't have enough juice to throw out,,,took it apart, bendix, commutator/ rotor disintegrated..fubar...remember, its always the simplest things that fuck with you worst...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.