JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I have a new 2011 Wrangler with the sundowner top and cannot figure out how to fold the front section back like a sun roof. I have watched the video on the Jeep site and still cant figure it out. Just wondering if anyone had any pointers on top folding before I do it with a knife. Have a goodun!!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
FWIW...... it's a "Sunrider" top. ;) Check out that link above. Once you get the hang of it it goes real easy. Oh, and..... You're new so I'll go easy and not make the obvious sundowner joke. :D Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy,
I have watched the video on the Mopar Jeep site and they show it making a double fold. The guy loosens the front clips over the wind shield and then goes back to the top of the doors and loosens something that I cant find. After he loosens the front and back it double folds back. I tried and failed again yesterday. Have a goodun!!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Sorry I don't know anything about the new tops, sunrider use to be optional on the 2-doors and standard on 4-doors. Best of luck.

Did you go to the link in post #2 (your other thread about this)?

Someone answered with detailed info:
I have a 2010 with the sunrider top, you have to unlatch the two clips up front by the window, then to get the first half of the top back only, you need to slide two black sleeves back. In doing this you can now have the sun rider top open. To get the whole top back undo the two clips up front by the window and then press the two tabs by your head. This will let the top slide back a bit. Oh and you window need to be out too LOL.:beer:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Howdy,
I have watched the video on the Mopar Jeep site and they show it making a double fold. The guy loosens the front clips over the wind shield and then goes back to the top of the doors and loosens something that I cant find. After he loosens the front and back it double folds back. I tried and failed again yesterday. Have a goodun!!
On my 07 top, there is a little plastic tab between the doors that helps you pry out the plastic (upsidedown gutters) that holds that section of the top to the door bows.

Pry that tab up with your fingers, then move forward pulling the gutters up and out of the door bows.

If your '11 top is that much different than my '07, disregard all after "on my '07" but I would be surprised.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Howdy,
I have the '09 4dr JKU. Above the B post (inbetween the front & rear doors) there is a support that runs from the passenger side towards the driver's side. This bar snaps onto the side supports. That is most likely what you can't find. When I put my Sunrider back up, I just put my palm on the top over the B Post and push down & that bar snaps right back into place.

If you are still having trouble, PM me and i can take pictures of mine or a few people I work with have '10s that i can check with.

Good Luck,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts