JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Like your approach. Anytime your in the central valley headed east to wheel and you need another, let me know.. Its pretty dead here.

I have run trails rated a solid 7 in Hurricane, Double Sammy on stock axles. I was stock, even to the point of being on stock ball joints. I am curious though, I have gone to a trussed axle front and am curious @thedirtman what a proper truss looks like. I know mine looks pretty solid. But looks can be deceptive.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Excellent thread OP and @Nucleophile thanks for the awesome feedback and realistic comments, good to hear for a change
Thank you. Well.. thank all of you really. We really need some fresh air and success stories out there. Let's enjoy these Jeeps instead of slaving over them non stop ?

Nucleophile, I appreciate your info. Reading WOL you'd think the axles and especially the Cs bend just rolling off the shop lift.
Excellent thread OP and @Nucleophile thanks for the awesome feedback and realistic comments, good to hear for a change
You are welcome. Eddie has been spewing that bullshit since day one. I guess he is pimping for Dynatrac?? Whatever. I just report my real life 9 year experience in a JK. (add a few more for a TJ.)

You are welcome. Eddie has been spewing that bullshit since day one. I guess he is pimping for Dynatrac?? Whatever. I just report my real life 9 year experience in a JK. (add a few more for a TJ.)

Eddie would say "hard wheeling" is defined different person to person.
Also hes just a mall crawler so what would he know ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Jadmt
I checked my camber when my 14 jkur was new and then again at 53000 miles and it did not change on iota. It has done the Rubicon trail, Dusy Ershim, san juan Colorado trails and been to Moab at least 5X running some of the harder trails ie Golden Spike, Rose Garden Hill etc, most of its life was on Toyo 35's so heavier tires.

My $02 cents. I do not abuse my rig per se, but I like picking hard lines. My JK 44 survived well for years on 37s and some upgrades to it. Honestly the housing on teh JK D44 fornt is shitty, everyone knows, Jeep knows (so much that they are offering stronger solutions even a 25% stronger offering on some limited Rubicons).

Do not get me wrong, for the majority of Jeep owners the 44 will fair ok for along time. But honestly the JK d44 housing in factory form has a lot left to be desired. When I drive my Jeep I do not like having failure points in my mind, specially if I am riding with my family in the middle of the boonies. I have helped taken 2 JK rubi's off the trail with front broken axles and a spun rear axle (rosetta welds broke off on a new Rubi).

I think adding C's and sleeves is a wise investment if you are planning 35 and up tires and will add significant strength and help address some of the JK d44 shortcomings. There are several pics online of JK broken housings, and anything to help strengthen will buy you more time and less worries.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.