JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have one? looking at getting a used '10-'11 any one have any good/bad experence with them or subaru in general, no offence but i dont care about your 400hp sti or stuff like that, this is for my wife.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I had a suburu 20 years back..lots of maintenance, BUT...In my trips down Baja and other az backroads in jeeps you will see two other kinds of vehicles in some crazy places...old style vw bugs/busses and modern suburus. Pick ups and old suburbans of course but you didn't ask about those.....fwiw

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've had two back to back Subaru Outbacks that I bought new.Traded the last one in on the Jeep. Out of the 20+ cars I've owned, they were by far the BEST. Never had a single problem with either of them. That was a total of 6 years with ZERO garage time. They were fun to drive, and handled the snow like nobody else. When the Jeep gets paid off I will be getting another Subie as a DD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Subaru is available in four door hatchback and four door sedan body styles. Trim levels available with 2011 Impreza are 2.5i, 2.5i Premium, Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, WRX,WRX Premium, used subaru legacy touring wagon, Subaru Impreza WRX STI and Subaru WRX STI Limited. Subaru Impreza Outback Sports is available with hatchback model and Subaru WRX STI Limited trim is available with sedan style.
Subaru 2.5i is installed with some standard features which include full power accessories, 16 inch steel wheels, key less entry, full power accessories, powerful AC system, split foldable rear seat, cruise control, tilt steering column, and audio system with four speakers and CD players. Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium is added with 16 inch alloy wheel, audio system with six speakers, CD player, AUX-IN pin, USB Port and Bluetooth connectivity and leather wrapped steering wheel.
Some of optional features available with 2.5i are rear spoiler, fog lights, unique grille insert, audio system with satellite radio, subwoofers and some other accessories are bundled into packages which include armrest with security system, auto dimming rear view mirror and compass. Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium variant is well packed with sunroof package which include heated front seats, fog lights, wind shield wipers and heated mirrors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had 4. A 2006, a 2007, a 2014 and a 2020. The Outback is very comfortable - though the 2020 model is much better for large/tall folks, but I am guessing not an issue for you here. GREAT snow or bad weather car. Going skiing - no problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's why I still have my Outback. Never gave me any headache on the road, throughout the years I've been using it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
We bought a 2012 Outback (4 cyl., auto trans.), new, for my wife. It's at about 75,000 miles, now. Other than usual maintenance items, it has needed virtually no repairs. I replaced the original tires only at last Winter's beginning (and they could could have run longer). The only recurring issue has been headlamp bulbs' failures. Oh, and the rear-view camera only lasted a few years. It is garaged and waxed regularly, the kids have been gone, so it looks practically new. No oil usage or leaks. We usually use the Subaru (28-29 MPG) rather than the Jeep for long trips due to fuel consumption and frankly, ride quality. And as someone else said, it does well in snow - even with non-aggressive tires, in our case.

When we were shopping, I considered - and regret not buying - the six cylinder option, at a penalty of $1000 and the loss of one MPG. That package also featured larger wheels (& brakes?), beefier suspension, a "real" transmission with gears, and a timing CHAIN. Soon, we will be looking at replacing this car's timing belt, at about $1000... (sigh).

We have been pleased with the Outback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts