JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2007 Unlimited, and just went from 37's to 40's, on the highway the other day I seemed to feel some "Drift" at speed, I'm wondering if it may be time to replace shocks and steering stablizers, but how do you know when the shocks are ready to be replaced? I've seen cars with bad shocks bouncing all over, our JK rides and handles great, and was just aligned with the new tires, a front end check at the shop revealed everything was good, it has 95k on it.

Thanks!

· Premium Member
4,735 Posts
So, I have a 2007 Unlimited, and just went from 37's to 40's, on the highway the other day I seemed to feel some "Drift" at speed, I'm wondering if it may be time to replace shocks and steering stablizers, but how do you know when the shocks are ready to be replaced? I've seen cars with bad shocks bouncing all over, our JK rides and handles great, and was just aligned with the new tires, a front end check at the shop revealed everything was good, it has 95k on it.

Thanks!
Whats your caster set at? You might want to give it a little more caster with the new 40's depending on where your sitting now.

RK

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, don't laugh at me, they're either Rough Country or Rancho, it's my wife's truck and she's out with her friends tonight, but I do believe they have around 50,000 on them. I have no ride or handling issues, can you elaborate on the caster, which way should I go or what should I tell the shop, they're pretty proficiant

· Registered
28 Posts
OK, don't laugh at me, they're either Rough Country or Rancho, it's my wife's truck and she's out with her friends tonight, but I do believe they have around 50,000 on them. I have no ride or handling issues, can you elaborate on the caster, which way should I go or what should I tell the shop, they're pretty proficiant
Your wife's jeep is on 40"s??? Very impressive!

· Premium Member
4,735 Posts
If it is light on caster then you will experience some wandering. The factory caster spec is 4.2-4.5 degrees, the larger tires can benefit from slightly higher caster.

RK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.