JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new winch (Warn M8000) this past week. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. Just hooked up the pos and neg to the battery...

Then I noticed that my factory fog lights quit working. The light comes on in the dash to show they are "supposed" to be on. I can't find anything at all wrong, unplugged, nothing...

I know for sure that they worked just prior to the winch install...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Pinched wire and blown fuse is what comes to mind first. Inspect the fog light wiring harness and fuse.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't checked the fuse as of yet. But I did trace the wiring harness up to anyplace I might have come in contact with it and found nothing.... Will check fuse tonight...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more help needed..

Checked the fuse and all is well there....

Have traced the wires and found nothing wrong...

Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yeah, that is weird! I can't imagine anything being blown or disconnected, cuz if that were the case, i'd tend to think the dash light wouldn't come on due to the interupted circuit.

Did you disconnect the winch from the battery to see if for whatever reason, the lights will come on w/out the winch connected?

Since this is obviously weird to begin with..I would just for chits & giggles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Change the bulb. :thefinger:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Loose ground. Wire trapped under the winch. Wire connection pulled loose in the harness. Posessed Jeep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts