JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the perfect replacement stubby for the JK from http://www.shortyantennasource.com/store/
Although the 07 was not listed (as I write this he is adding them to his website), I contacted the owner and was told that the thread changed on the 96+ Jeeps, but I could try the antenna with an H2 adapter. I received the antenna today and it mounted up perfectly and looks better than stock, just shorter.
He has them in 8" and 14", silver or black powdercoated, 17.99. I got the 14" and it looks really sharp. I didn't notice any difference in reception in my garage either. Paul is a great guy and was a big help with this. I'll post up some pics tomorrow:D

·
Registered
749 Posts
I found the perfect replacement stubby for the JK from http://www.shortyantennasource.com/store/
Although the 07 was not listed (as I write this he is adding them to his website), I contacted the owner and was told that the thread changed on the 96+ Jeeps, but I could try the antenna with an H2 adapter. I received the antenna today and it mounted up perfectly and looks better than stock, just shorter.
He has them in 8" and 14", silver or black powdercoated, 17.99. I got the 14" and it looks really sharp. I didn't notice any difference in reception in my garage either. Paul is a great guy and was a big help with this. I'll post up some pics tomorrow:D
Now you tell me,...:bawling: I have to admit, great reception from my Home:beer: Stuby.
Just looked at his,,very nice,....book marked that one

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now you tell me,...:bawling: I have to admit, great reception from my Home:beer: Stuby.
Just looked at his,,very nice,....book marked that one
LOL, it's all your fault Jim, I saw yours and went on a quest. There's not much I can't find on the 'net....

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So did you need the adapter or just get the 14" Wrangler antenna? Got a pic of it mounted on your Jeep?
Yes, I needed the adapter. The antenna has internal female threads.

Before I ordered mine, I emailed the owner. He set me up with the antenna and the H2 adapter. When I found out that the adapter worked, I emailed him back to confirm that it did indeed work as he thought it would. He then updated his website to include out Jeeps. If you order an antenna for your 07/08 JK, it will come with the correct adapter. You can thank me later:laughing::beer::laughing:
I'll post some pictures later today.....stay tuned.
BTW, I didn't notice any difference in radio reception on the way to work this morning. Your mileage may vary. But it sure looks good......

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, pics as promised....

Here's what you get, antenna and threaded adapter. The antenna mast is smooth, not like it looks in the pic. I blame quick and dirty resizing techniques.

Detail of the threaded adapter, little end goes in the antenna, big end in the mount.

Detail of the antenna end. You'll need a 5/16 wrench for the install.

Installed. This is the 14" model.

Mount detail. Looks better than factory.

More mount detail.

Another full shot.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now if only they had those 8" rubber ducky style...... :bounce:
Everything I found in the rubber ducky style had a huge base that I thought would not have looked right on the factory mount. FWIW, he stocks an eight inch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
just ordered one too, a 14" in silver :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone with a pic of the 8" on their JK?
I think I might go this route, why not...
I cant tell you the last time I listened to regular radio
since I got Satelitte a couple years back

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, this thread has been busy....some of you should be getting yours in the mail, I had mine in three days. Comes in a big bubble envelope.
Glad to have helped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine arrived today...

I ordered the 8" black shorty just this past Saturday, came in the mail today. Installed it..I like it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts