JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....we went out Sat and hit Chinamans in BV. I hadn't really had the chance to get out and wheel the rig with the Rebel RECON kit on. The coilovers are 12in front and rear. I added some spidertrax spacers to help clear the rear swaybar links...upper bolt was close to tire at flex. Well with the new spacers I knew my front bumper would rub with the 38's and no lower bump extensions....I was running them before the spacer to ensure I wouldnt hit the coilover resi where I have it mounted. anywho, got on the trail on Sat and had to perform some on site surgery with the sawzall.

In the first pic, you can see the bumper as reference for how much I cut off. For those who have the WARN bumper, I cut right outside the aux light hole and angled down with the W in the front of the bumper.

here is a rear shot before I cut

The next photos are with my cell since my camera battery was dead. This is no PSC build but it will work for kissing some rocks. I used the scrap I cut off and a few pieces of 3/16th plate I had in the garage. The pieces I cut off were used to form the bottom section that wraps around, then I used the 3/16th to patch in the side and back top sections......

I like the final outcome and now I am good for the 40's next year. I will get a good pic of the front tomorrow.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Nice work. Looking forward to seeing another rig on 40's. If I ever get the cash together for D60s I would run them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting...

Why not just sell the bumper and go with one by Finish Line West or Metal Cloak?
well if I could sell it I would...but there have been a few locally for sale that did not move....plus I am broke so it would be hard to make up the difference...I would love to go to an aluminum front stubby but that will be the last stuff on my list.....

thanks for the kind words TK and Rod.....I could probably spend some more time with the sander and some filler primer but it just gets beat up anywho....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the same problem selling mine and needless to say i still have it. I have this same bumper and plan to do this over christmas break. Mine is taped near the same lines as yours, just waiting to be cut when i get home. I was just wondering if you could get a few more pictures of it from the front. I really like it how you got it so far.

Edit*... feel dumb, just saw where you said you were getting pictures of the front

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks awesome ditto on the lights tho. Great mod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.