·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Not bad!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why coilovers, beadlocks, etc. before long arm/ adjustable short arm?
Beadlocks were one of my first purchases, after the roll cage. Always have appreciated the value behind beadlocks when it comes to traction and durability.

Coilovers because I had the opportunity to get a K I L L E R price on the Alpha-1 front kit at the time. Couldn't pass it up.

I do understand the point of a long arm kit - long arm is the VERY next thing on the list.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Where are all the AEV haters now? :thefinger:

Crazy rig man, that wicked for far you can flex the stock control arms.

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
Where are all the AEV haters now? :thefinger:

Crazy rig man, that wicked for far you can flex the stock control arms.
The stock control arms will flex when you stuff one side of the axle all the way up. They show their limitation when you aren't stuffing one tire all the the way up.

If you have ever installed a lift on a stock jeep you'll know what I'm talking about. If you want to change the springs on a JK with stock arms, you will have to jack one side of the axle up in order to get the other side to drop enough to get the spring out.

When you have after market arms, they don't bind as quickly and you don't have to have one side raised in order to get all the droop out of the other.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The stock control arms will flex when you stuff one side of the axle all the way up. They show their limitation when you aren't stuffing one tire all the the way up.

If you have ever installed a lift on a stock jeep you'll know what I'm talking about. If you want to change the springs on a JK with stock arms, you will have to jack one side of the axle up in order to get the other side to drop enough to get the spring out.

When you have after market arms, they don't bind as quickly and you don't have to have one side raised in order to get all the droop out of the other.

Does that make sense?
I'm picking up what your putting down.:beer:

I was really just poking at the guys who are hating on the stock arms .:thefinger:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts