JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't get many good pics, just a couple crappy ones on the cell. Doing a mild stretch using Rock Krawler and River Raider components plus some personal touches. Going to be a progress vs. a slam dunk build in a week type deal, nice when you have a friend like Dern who has all the cool tools like a lathe etc... so you can make stuff you need on the fly.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I'll be watching this thread! Been thinking about going this direction.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ron, getting these to fit on a Jeep that has been ridden hard was fun. Seems I've knocked the driver side around a tad too much hahaha, but we got it done. Now I just need some suspension parts so I can knock all that out. It never ends bud.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What do you have going on in this shot? Are those tubes going through to the frame? And, where does the rear tube work go?
It's all welded to the RR slider which is seam welded to the corner armor and attached to the tub and body mounts. I have it all sitting on top of the pinch seam, and I'm thinking about welding a channel behind the seam on the remote chance that the slider gets hit with enough force to pull it away. Overkill and probably not necessary, but that's the way I think...anything to disuade Murphy from raining crap on my parade.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Definitely gonna keep an eye on this one

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Template/Sharpie then go to work with a pencil grinder.

And it depends on which door you get and if you want the insert that covers the space between the door and the fill port. The notches are for the insert....

IMO the insert makes it look cleaner....

The door is attached to the corners by drilling and tapping screw holes. I swapped out the hardware to stainless hex head and use blue locktite so I don't have to worry about them any more.

Some RTV will finish it off... (I think you showed me that with your first set of corners) a wet finger works better than that little blue tool BTW.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Couple more pics. After I make some CJ style tube fenders (or not) for the rear, I need to decide if I want to paint it all silver, or satin black the front fenders, rockers, and rear. Decisions...:shitstorm:

Maybe paint it like the the queen of creole's rig

or this

·
Registered
168 Posts
Couple more pics. After I make some CJ style tube fenders for the rear, I need to decide if I want to paint it all silver, or satin black the front fenders, rockers, and rear. Decisions...:shitstorm:

Maybe paint it like the the queen of creole's rig

I like the 2 tone look. Then again your rig did look good before as one color

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.