JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my ticket. A buddy of mine lives in Escondido; so, I'll be hanging with him and his wife (and probably crashing at his house, too). I'm sure some of you guys will be there. Buy your tickets now. They sell out quickly. I'm going to session B. (Session A is from 11:00 to 2:00)

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42747

Date From August 22, 2009 3:00 PM
Until August 22, 2009 6:00 PM

San Marcos, CA

Price $35.00

Website http://www.stonebrew.com/13th

Contact
760 471-4999

21 & OVER ONLY! BRING YOUR ID!
Description:
The biggest craft beer festival in Southern California returns for another year. Your $35 charitable donation buys admission to one session, an 13th Anniversary tasting glass and 10 "tasters." With all the great beer, great people and great food it's easy to forget that the Stone 13th Anniversary Celebration is in fact a charity event. Last year with the help of all you beer drinking humanitarians, we raised over $110,000! Get directions, a list of guest breweries, featured foods, a list of charities and more at stonebrew.com/13th

NOTE: No one under 21 years old will be admitted.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just got 4 tix for Session "B" (3 - 6 pm). :beer:

I bought two extra tickets without full confirmation from those they are intended for; may have extras if they back out.

Ty...

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got 4 tix for Session "B" (3 - 6 pm). :beer:

I bought two extra tickets without full confirmation from those they are intended for; may have extras if they back out.

Ty...
Cool. See you there! BTW, any unused tickets can be sold back to Stone with no questions asked. My Buddy got stuck with one extra last year and that's what he did. You can't lose.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Cool. See you there! BTW, any unused tickets can be sold back to Stone with no questions asked. My Buddy got stuck with one extra last year and that's what he did. You can't lose.
That's cool about the tix buy-back. But, I heard from the ones I got them for, and they think they'll be back in CA by that time. If not, I'm sure I can find someone -- bummer is my wife has to work that afternoon (oh well, boys afternoon drinking :beer: ).

Back in the day when I attended and/or was a staff member of CSUSM (Cal State San Marcos), long before all these new buildings were built, we would go to the little ol' warehouse that Stone started in for the anniversary parties. It was in an industrial park across the freeway from campus, and they would close the parking lot and it was F-R-E-E (not that $$$ goign to charity is a bad thing . . . just poor college students, etc...) Oh, and they didn't have *sessions.* You could drink F-R-E-E :beer: and have free snacks all day until you couldn't see straight . . . the good ol' days!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's cool about the tix buy-back. But, I heard from the ones I got them for, and they think they'll be back in CA by that time. If not, I'm sure I can find someone -- bummer is my wife has to work that afternoon (oh well, boys afternoon drinking :beer: ).

Back in the day when I attended and/or was a staff member of CSUSM (Cal State San Marcos), long before all these new buildings were built, we would go to the little ol' warehouse that Stone started in for the anniversary parties. It was in an industrial park across the freeway from campus, and they would close the parking lot and it was F-R-E-E (not that $$$ goign to charity is a bad thing . . . just poor college students, etc...) Oh, and they didn't have *sessions.* You could drink F-R-E-E :beer: and have free snacks all day until you couldn't see straight . . . the good ol' days!
Yeah, my buddy went to those "free" ones, too. I, unfortunately, never made it down for those ones back in the "good ol' days". He's so old school, he used to buy kegs from Stone and one of the owners would roll it out to his car himself. That was back when they were still in that warehouse. Times have changed.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah, my buddy went to those "free" ones, too. I, unfortunately, never made it down for those ones back in the "good ol' days". He's so old school, he used to buy kegs from Stone and one of the owners would roll it out to his car himself. That was back when they were still in that warehouse. Times have changed.

I wouldn't be too surprised if I have run into your buddy before. We'd go to Stone back the in ol' warehouse days, and yes, Greg (one of the owners) would help carry, or hold the door open, as we took our cases of 22 oz bottles to the car. When you bought beer from them back then, you stood next to the vats and brewing equipment--nothing fancy about it back then.

Should be a good time :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts