JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ADVENTURE TRAILERS RENTAL TRAILER STOLEN

On May 1st we rented an Olive Grey Chaser Trailer with Eezi Awn tent for an eight day rental out of our Upland California location. The trailer has not been returned.

The trailer is identical to the one in the picture below. The trailer was rented to Jeremy Deckling, he was accompanied by his wife Carrie Deckling, and their three children two boys (I think) around 6 and a girl 8 or so.

They are driving a Black 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door with Ohio plates. The trailer has California plates.

Apparently Jeremy is under investigation for arson, his house burned down in Willard, Ohio under suspicious circumstances.

Jeremy claims to make a living as a Farrier (shoes horses).

If you see this trailer please call us on our toll free number 1-877-661-8097 messages are transferred to our e mail, so even if you don’t get hold of us leave a message.

We would like to find out where the trailer is and repossess it.

If you hear of any unusual sales of off road trailer, Roof Top tents etc. please let us know.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for one that is for sale but more than likely will hit ebay or craigslist. Seems odd with that many people they would of used this in the first place as it looks to small for 5 people to sleep in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not really sure on the details. I just thought it was a good idea to pass the information along. Oh and here is a photograph of the trailer.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
When did they rent it so we can get a rough idea of how far they could of gotten with it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trailer was rented out of Upland, CA(LA) on May 1, 2008.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spotted in Arizona

Looks like the trailer has been spotted in Arizona. The license plate on the trailer is California 4HF 3569. Martyn thinks the Jeep plate is FA3 08V.

Here is a link to the main thread on Expedition Portal. It is interesting to follow.
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14812

Martyn,

My father spotted this trailer yesterday, 5/12, on Arizona State Route 191, between Clifton, AZ and and Alpine, AZ, a few miles south of Alpine.

He is sure it was this one, and sure that it was a Black 4 door towing the thing.

I left you a phone message as well, feel free to call if you need to.

·
14ers
479 Posts
MAN! I know how you feel, as I'm sure many do. It's those few jerks who make the rest of us work extra hard to do things that really should not be done: install and maintain locks, buy theft insurance, install and maintan alarms, etc...

THEN those guys over on JKForum DENY the posting? Only ones on the planet not willing to help? Huh. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
THEN those guys over on JKForum DENY the posting? Only ones on the planet not willing to help? Huh. :shaking:
The post probably drew attention to another forum. Can't have that over there, regardless of the issue. It gets Edward's skullet all tangled up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The post probably drew attention to another forum. Can't have that over there, regardless of the issue. It gets Edward's skullet all tangled up.
Naaah - it's a clear case of undercover pimping - just look at how many forums the picture of the adventure trailer has been posted on! Likely story about the "stolen" trailer - next thing we know Gear will be advertising a 5% discount for all forum members that helped with the search for the "stolen" trailer...

Seriously, that really sucks. I will keep my eyes open up in northern cali. I have a hard time believing that he can get away with this given the exposure on all the major off-roading forums - way to go to Gear and others for spreading the word so quickly - it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well here is the latest from Adventure Trailers. They have added a web address so all of the current information could be passed along. Here is the link.

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/stolen.html

Just for fun Google "stolen adventure trailer"

cab76
Naaah - it's a clear case of undercover pimping - just look at how many forums the picture of the adventure trailer has been posted on! Likely story about the "stolen" trailer - next thing we know Gear will be advertising a 5% discount for all forum members that helped with the search for the "stolen" trailer...
Nice :grinpimp:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I'll have an eye out for this trailer on my trip. I have programmed AT phone number into my cell phone so I can call them when (if) I see it. And Edward Skullet Head is just stupid at this point.

Yeah I liked that Skullet comment. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found

Well the trailer has been found. Of all places it is now in Ft. Myers, FL. Adventure trailers is looking into different ways of getting the trailer back across the US. Here is the main forum talk about the trailer.

Post #287
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14812&page=29

Thanks to all that have kept there eyes open.:)

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
I just read up on all of this... glad you found your trailer... amazing it made its way all the way down here.

It looks as if you have it under control with someone picking it up and storing, but if anything falls through I will offer to pick it up and store it my warehouse for you as well for as long as you need. I'm in Miami... Ft Myers is only 2 hours away and I go that way often.

I just wanted to offer another back up to you. :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Mention of the personal belongings makes me nervous for the kids... that's a lot of food Speed took out of the trailer. I know what "he" did was wrong, but is there any word on the family?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
daytona1999
but is there any word on the family?
What I am reading on the Portal is all the information that I have. As more info comes out I will try and relay it.

HITMONEY -- Thanks for the offer. As of right now I think AT is trying to figure out how they want to go about getting the trailer back to the West coast. Several have offer to help relay the trailer back, but it is really up to AT how they want to handle it.

As for myself I am just a happy customer of AT trying to help out!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts