JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around a lot and can't find the answer, maybe one of you will know. I'm swapping out my soundbar speakers and adding a amp and sub (loc) and am keeping my factory head unit. The basic am/fm/sat CD player, not the upgraded system. Do any of you know the factory HU rms??? I saw a 2007 had like 12 rms which is ridiculous. I have a 2014 and any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting article here at the end of it the author makes note of the power amplifier and states that it is rated for 28W per 4 channels (w/>>THD though), but if you're getting an amp the HUs output power shouldn't matter. That being said, you should really look in to getting a new HU though... garbage in, garbage out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am using the JL Cleansweep to remove any factory equlization that may have been on the HU and to act as a Line Level adapter. The rest of my system in in the sig but it work really well for me. All is hidden and amp fits perfectly under drivers dash with the cleansweep mounted above glove-box.

Still not as good as a new HU but I wanted to keep stock appearance as I ran 2 yrs w/o doors and/or top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts