JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is this;

I installed the new Poison Spyder BFH Bumper, disconnected my stock fog lights...

I'm going to get 4" HID lights. Can I plug the HID's into the stock harness and use the stock switch to turn them on and off?

I know I would have to wire the HID's separately, but I would like to use the stock switch to turn them on and off.

Can this be done? If so, anyone done it and have a schematic of how they did it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I couldn't get HIDs to light consistently with the stock fog wiring (too much in-rush). I just put a relay on one of the fog light connectors and pulled power from the battery (through a fuse of course!) and they work great. I bought connectors off the internet somewhere so I didn't have to cut the factory wiring. There are tons of write-ups on using relays out there.

Bryan.

·
Registered
478 Posts
^^ exactly, get an hid relay kit, cheap and already has the harness for complete plug and play. Works great

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet, thanks guys...I'll check into it.. When it comes to electrical...installing a stereo is where I stop..lol...ANything else and I admit defeat..

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
I believe there are posts regarding this.... did you search?

In a nutshell, the stock wiring and switch have been used successfully with the HIDx lights.

Where do you plan on mounting them? The solution from PSC will not work with these lights.... 60% or more of the light output will be covered up by the bar.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
My hids work flawless off 100% factory fog light wiring..

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Haven't decided where I'm going to put them.. I'm only going with 4" HID's...so I'll figure something clever out.
I just sold those huge effin 7" HID-X's that I had, and had Phil send me a pair of the 4" ones. I just installed them tonight... on the same bumper you have. I used one the factory fog lamp hot leads to trigger the relay. So they work perfectly using the factory fog wiring for switching the relay.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Maybe Chinaman's? Or we could just hit something in the Springs like Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap??
Both of those are right by my house. We can air down here, wheel, come back and grill some grub, drink a beer, have our chicks show off their Spyder shirts, etc...

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Shes gotta work till 6pm on Saturday. So would that still work with our plans?
You could either come down Saturday night or Sunday morning. Probably would only have time to wheel, but we can always ride another time.
Anyone else wanna wheel on Sunday?

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She text me today..said she wants to go..I'll talk to her about it when she gets home tonight...and maybe we'll take you up on your offer and come down Saturday night..Might be easier on both of us that way..

I'll pm you tonight...and we'll talk about it..later

1 - 18 of 18 Posts