JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Talking front or rear? The rear doesn't have any metal it it except for molded in nuts. The front does have some. For the front the best looking thing is to do the DIY stubby chop.

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Yes they have. I've seen a few where they removed the plastic all together. There are a couple in the write-up library with stubbied ends and maybe one with a winch cutout.

I'm guessing that's just where you cut down the front bumper to about 6 inches from the big fat knob? (Do you like my wordology?)
Haha yeah ... reminded me of a Gene Tracy Truck Stop Tape joke.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Double post for the win. Anyway. I'm thinking of taking the bumper off. The plastic shit. How do I do this? I tried with a screw drive to take off the screws, and they don't seem to work.. They start to strip and I don't want to eff up the bumper..

·
Registered
250 Posts

I ran mine with out the plastic and cut the cans off while I was in between bumpers. Threw a quick rattle can job on it. Looked pretty decent IMO. I've seen some others cut down like a stubby. Some guys put some time in them and make em look good. Cut about 6" off either end would make a nice free stubby

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts

I ran mine with out the plastic and cut the cans off while I was in between bumpers. Threw a quick rattle can job on it. Looked pretty decent IMO. I've seen some others cut down like a stubby. Some guys put some time in them and make em look good. Cut about 6" off either end would make a nice free stubby
That does look good! Can always throw a set of fogs in the can holes too:beer:

Is this thing on?.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
That does look good! Can always throw a set of fogs in the can holes too:beer:

Is this thing on?.....
I wasn't a fan of the stock plastic stubby bumpers so I did this to mine too. Cut the cans off, about 6 inches off each end and put a coat of bed liner on it. I think it looks good for the cost.

I would need to put a bracket or piece of metal to mount the fog lights to though. I've been too busy/lazy to do that so far...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.