JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently installed a RK 2.5" Max travel on my 2012 Jk Rubi and although the lift was kind of a pain to install on my own with the help of my 12 yr old it looks ok and drives decent so far. I think I still need to get a front end alinement because the steering is off slightly and the drivers side sway bar connect seems to toe in on the bottom. Also the arms look like the lean to the pass side a bit. I don't have any messages showing up in the dash board so thats good. Now if anyone wants to Chime in on that, it would be appreciated. I didn't put any bumpstops on it yet because I'm still gonna run the stock rubi tires for a lil bit till I can decide wich 35" to go with.

A few other things I noticed is the tranny seems to shift different for some reason....just more stiff. Don't know what that is about.

Ok lastly, would a stock 2012 Jk suspension fit on a JKU 2008? If so I might have the barely used suspension sold already.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with any comments or insight.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Did your kit come with a new tierod? If not then all you need to do is center the steering wheel yourself. Its very easy to adjust the drag link and only takes a minute or so. It runs from your steering box pitman arm down to the pass side knuckel. You'll see the bolts on the top third of the drag link that cinch up the adjustment part. I think its a 13mm socket that's needed. Just loosen them and turn till the steering wheel moves to the center. Your 12 year old can sit in the drivers seat and give you feed back:beer:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it looks great now, had it done at a long time friends garage and everything seems good now. He had never seen a Rock krawler lift before but he was impressed with that one :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.