JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this site have stickers?

I was thinking this would be a great way to promote the site. I know on some other sites I could get banned just mentioning another JK forum site but a wind shield sticker prominently displayed on JK in a picture on other forum sites could help spread the word.

Is anyone a graphic artist or at least graphically inclined to do a design? I wouldn't mind getting some made up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've done some windshield banners for Reno4x4.com, and I have a decently priced vendor to do this. The current logo on top is really just a placeholder, as I hope to have a better designed logo. Throw out your ideas here. We can get 24" wide banners made once we have a good candidate.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've done some windshield banners for Reno4x4.com, and I have a decently priced vendor to do this. The current logo on top is really just a placeholder, as I hope to have a better designed logo. Throw out your ideas here. We can get 24" wide banners made once we have a good candidate.
A windshield Banner is a great idea, I have a problem though, I'm wearing one already that say's "SKIDROW OFFROAD". if a smaller on is made also, I definitely can find a spot for it.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
ooh-rah!:D

I'm not a sticker person for my Jeep but do put them on my trailers. I plan on doing either a custom trailer or something similar to one of the Chaser styles from Adventure Trailers.

Some regular sized stickers that you would, like, put on a back window or whatever does great for most applications.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was just talking with MichaelW about stickers tonight. Let's make this member-driven effort, so come up with some designs (anything from a napkin sketch to an Illustrator file works). We'll get them cleaned up, and have them up for a vote.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Alright I will start workin on it with my friend Josh (keptin on reno4x4). He's pretty good with photoshop and is happy to help us out. I think we are going to sit down on Saturday and try to get something together. If anyone has any suggestions speak up! Getting a general concept will probably be the hardest part.

-Casey

·
Registered
749 Posts
what about something simple like
I like this Paragon,...BIG emphasizes on the JK I would fin d a place for something like this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Alright well... Josh and I got together for a couple hours today to work on a few things. He came up with a pretty cool idea that is essentially JKowners over 5 lug nuts. Below is a really rough idea of how it would look. Should we keep working on it or scrap it and come up with something better? Input is good. If you guys like it we'd probably remake it with head on pictures of real lug nuts and a different font etc. We also played with the JK-Forum logo for a bit to amuse ourselves. The one below is supposed to be behind bars although its not too pretty. Could be a temporary icon or avatar though since there are at least a few banned people on here.

-Casey

Attachments

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang! You guys are clever!

I like the idea of the 5 lugs but my opinion would be that they need to be placed as to not block, cover or confuse the name.

The simple one with the big JK with owners underneath would make for a good body panel sticker. Simple and direct.

A window banner would pretty much just have to be "JK Owners.com" with maybe the lugs on either end where most put flames or other artsy design.

Personally I like this one for just above the wrangler on the front fenders.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh and here is the avatar version if you want to use it. :D

:D :D :D :D :D
Michael,.....you did me in on that one, I'm still trying to catch my breath from laughing, but it would be a great sticker>>>>> & definitely makes the correct point.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Alright so simplicity is key! Got it. Michael, I think you are right about the name needing more emphasis as well as the need for as little interference as possible with the lug nuts. What we posted above were more or less ideas for a jkowners logo that could be turned into a sticker. I guess maybe we could make the lug nuts more spaced apart or fuse the J and the K together to fit inside, but then it may look a lot like the jk-forum logo which would be bad. I will try to simplify it into a sticker and then maybe when Josh gets back in town on Sunday we can photoshop it onto my car as a tester. If you guys like the tester then maybe we can get working on printing/distributing a few? Stickers may really help the member # go up so I'm trying not to drop the ball on this one too much.

-Casey

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
if they were given to me I might add it to my jeep, but i am not the type of person that likes stickers on vehicles.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree we should get it going. I like the one Paragon did with the "dirty" font, fist one in the second row. And as long as we pick a font we can make wind shield banners too.

All though I may just make up one or two...... dozen of my "Calvin" sticker design and pass them out to friends and at events. :D

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like the "dirty" one too...and the one that's first row, second column.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts