JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have joined this forum as there are not that many owners in the UK so the knowledge base isn't as comprehensive.
I own a 2008 diesel JK and have just had the stereo wiring replaced as the previous owner chopped it all up for some strange reason. They also removed the sub from the boot (trunk). Is there a direct replacement for the factory sub? As I don't want to replace more wires.
I also need to replace the stereo head unit. I plan to replace it with a factory model but I have heard people talking about low and high speed cambus, does this affect which model I choose and if so how do I find out what I have and need to look for?
Thanks Richard

· Registered
803 Posts
Hi Richard,
the JK uses high speed bus so get the OEM radio for the high speed bus system.

Does your JK still have the Infinity amp installed? (located under the steering column)

OEM sub for JK with infinity system has a 2 Ohm Dual coil driver so you can replace it with a similar driver.

Btw perfect timing to show up in this forum:

Take a look at this thread, maybe you can give some UK specific pointers to that fellow

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for the info, I still have the amp the previous owner had bypassed it by cutting the wires to it and just twisting them together. The wiring for the sub is in place with the factory plug still attached ( but no sub ). The factory sub is very expensive in the UK that's why I was asking if anyone had fitted anything different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.