JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang

No issues with mine yet. Still stock as well. Didn't see any better place to post, so did it here.

I can appreciate the need for better than average mods if you intend to off road. This JK is my main vehicle, so while I've been planning a trip to Rausch I don't expect to be doing more than green trails, maybe the next rating up but nothing that hardcore.

I like the look of the stock step bars and what looking to buy a pair as mine doesn't have any and just wanted to get some feedback

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Forgive me, but I have some questions.

When you say "no issue with mine yet". Are you referring to your Jeep in general, or something specific?

You say you were thinking of getting the stock step bars, I assume you mean the step that comes on the Sahara, etc.? Or are you talking about the stock Rock Rails that come on the Rubicon, etc.? Are you just after the looks, or are you wanting protection off-road as well?

Also, this is the write-up department. Generally people post write-ups of repairs, mods or custom projects on their Jeeps. It seems "Stock JK Tech", "JK General Discussion", or maybe even other sections would be a better place for a question like this. Just FYI.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you're not riding trails where you will incur damage, you might consider the stock Sahara step. It's not good for Offroad Rock protection, but they are nice around town.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responses.

No, was just commenting that my post didn't have to do with anything being wrong with my Wrangler even though I posted in the forum for repairs. Which worked out because i see it got moved.

I do plan to take mine off roading, but unlikely more than green trails as this is my primary vehicle. From chatting with other folks if I intend to do any kind of non concrete paved driving, I should look at some protection.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Probably more than you are looking for but better to have them and not need them then to oh chit, should have had them. Not only that, great for keeping shopping carts and door dingers at bay. RH, at request, will also weld the hoop section downward, just have to note it in the order special notes block.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6009.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts