JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A topic that has been bantered around a ton. I would like a set of mirrors that will be wife friendly while doors are off. The little convex jobs just wont cut it for her. Most that I have read is disgruntled guys with mirrors that are junk when travelling faster than 30 miles an hour. After reading and looking at a ton of pics I came across these Steinjager mirrors. With the the second little bracket and magnet it would lead me to believe these might be decent. They are pricey though 132 bucks.

Does anyone have any recommendations on these??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
These, with your stock mirrors. No vibrations, passenger mirror gets placed in the same position as if the doors were still on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a some Steinjager stuff and it's really put together well, however for some temp mirrors I would go with more of what victim just posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been content with the round rugged ridge mirrors that mount on the A Pillar, didn't shake and move nearly as bad as the olympic safari ones I ran prior... but what victim posted looks like it would be ideal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like those that victim posted. Very nice. I use the convex mirrors on my vents and like them a lot. I've read horror stories about the mirrors that are mounted in the door hinges. At the same time, mounting them on the A pillar is another option too.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
I really like those that victim posted. Very nice. I use the convex mirrors on my vents and like them a lot. I've read horror stories about the mirrors that are mounted in the door hinges. At the same time, mounting them on the A pillar is another option too.
I've tried the A-pillar option and I hate it. Passenger side mirror is almost worthless and with the typical A-pillar brackets it's a pain to go back and forth from door to no door. I'll never understand why Jeep decided to move the mirrors from the A-pillar to the doors. If the mirror is designed correctly, the A-pillar is the right place for it. But our factory mirrors are just not designed to be mounted there. Also, anyone with an AEV snorkel will curse the A-pillar brackets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can appreciate and agree. Look at early sports cars. Their mirrors were on the fenders. One reason was due to extreme vibration (rendering them useless) at speed when mounted to the doors (thin, lightweight materials for skins). They were mounted on the fenders to give rigidity and reduce vibration.

With the Jeep, which is designed with removable doors, the mirrors shouldn't be mounted to the freakin' doors!

Useless trivia question, what year were the mirrors first mounted to the doors? I've ridden in many CJ5s and 7s, but for the life of me, cannot remember if their mirrors were mounted to the doors. I don't think I ever rode in one with hard doors. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can appreciate and agree. Look at early sports cars. Their mirrors were on the fenders. One reason was due to extreme vibration (rendering them useless) at speed when mounted to the doors (thin, lightweight materials for skins). They were mounted on the fenders to give rigidity and reduce vibration.

With the Jeep, which is designed with removable doors, the mirrors shouldn't be mounted to the freakin' doors!

Useless trivia question, what year were the mirrors first mounted to the doors? I've ridden in many CJ5s and 7s, but for the life of me, cannot remember if their mirrors were mounted to the doors. I don't think I ever rode in one with hard doors. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't say when for sure when they changed, but I know CJs never had mirrors on the doors - if I had to guess, I'd say the YJ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stienjagger mirrors

I have a set of these. The drivers side is fine with some vibration, the passenger side half of the mirror is blocked by the dash. It still is useable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts