JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes, 2010 JKU, I installed a TF draglink flip kit with frame brace, RK HD tie rod, Synergy front track bar, RE stabilizer high mount bracket, and everything is torqued to specs. Now when I'm driving my steering wheel will move off center depending on the direction I turn. If I turn right it'll be off center right, if I go left off center left. And to get it back to center I turn the opposite way. Any ideas?

· Registered
3,175 Posts
You need to adjust your steering wheel via the draglink to make it center. Park it, make the front tires as straight ahead as you possibly can, loosen the adjustment collar on the draglink, then rotate it until the steering wheel is center. Rotating the collar, lets say clockwise, will make the steering wheel turn more left, vice versa, whatever (I may be wrong on the proper direction, but you get the idea). You will never get it exact by eye but can certainly get it pretty close. ESP being activated?

Its pretty simple. Multiple write ups on how to do it. Google search, "Jeep JK steering wheel center"

· Registered
218 Posts
You need to adjust your steering wheel via the draglink to make it center. Park it, make the front tires as straight ahead as you possibly can, loosen the adjustment collar on the draglink, then rotate it until the steering wheel is center. Rotating the collar, lets say clockwise, will make the steering wheel turn more left, vice versa, whatever (I may be wrong on the proper direction, but you get the idea). You will never get it exact by eye but can certainly get it pretty close. ESP being activated?

Its pretty simple. Multiple write ups on how to do it. Google search, "Jeep JK steering wheel center"
Agreed. Visually you can get it pretty damn close to perfect. Then do a few test drives and make smaller adjustments till you get it centered

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I do that to it atleast once a week to get it straight again. It's constantly changing every which way when I drive.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See pics the first one was right after a right turn and driving straight, the second picture was a left hand turn right after the right and the third photo was after another left hand turn. All while driving straight. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Gauge
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Gauge

· Registered
321 Posts
Your axle is shifting side to side after each turn . I would check everything related to your track bar. Less likely but still possible could be something with your control arms changing effective length.

Rob

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

· Premium Member
5,707 Posts
How about some pics of the steering?

· Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Everything was fine before that? No steering box issues? Does steering feel any different to you after the install other than not re-centering? Did you install or someone else? Me thinking something is sticking. Try taking stabilizer off and see what happens.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya everything was normal before. Me and my buddy installed all of it. Both of us very capable of wrench turning. The stabilizer was actually just put on this past Friday, I ran without one for 4 months and did it than too. It drives and steers great. No abnormal sounds, clunks, clinks just the damn steering wheel moving.

· Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm going to guess your factory track bar hole is worn out and the track bar bracket is shifting and causing the steering wheel to go off center.

Just an FYI when doing a drag link flip it is usually a better idea to raise the track bar mount on the axle then to lower the frame end. I'm partial to the Artec track bar mount but Poly's bolt on is sweet too.

· Registered
4,207 Posts
You have movement at the track bar ends somewhere. Either the bolts arent tight enough (125 ft lbs) ot the joints are worn or have sleves that are larger than the bolts you are using. Looks like you're using a Synergy track bar with a Teraflex drop bracket & brace and the stock axle side bracket. If you're using the stock bolts try throwing them in the bin and get some grade 8 9/16" shouldered bolts from Ace Hardware, etc. Also, be sure the heim on the Synergy track bar isn't worn out, and that the urethane bushing on the frams side isn't so soft it's allowing movement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.