JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a about a month ago I installed my RK 2.5" max travel pro kit and ran without a ss till the other day. There was i little wobble in the wheel when going over bumps not DW just minor movement in the wheel. So now I am running the synergy relocation kit with a bilstein ss and the wobble is gone but now the jeep pulls to the left.

I took the shock off and the wobble came back and the jeep tracked straight. So I am now confused as to what I need to do, any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Is the Bilstein charged? As in does it want to return itself to fully extended?

The increase in bump "wobbles" that go away almost immediately is normal without a SS, that's why the steering stabilizer exists. If the stabilizer you have wants to extend itself, then that's probably your drifting problem. However there are few roads that mine will track dead straight on without holding the wheel, different grooving, crowning, wind, tire tread, tire width, etc all play into that. If it's something holding a finger on the wheel will cure...then hold onto the wheel. Just my 2cents.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the shock is charged, and wants to return itself to fully extended. I thought that was weird so I checked the part number and it is the right shock.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I think a few people have had pulls due to that, it doesn't take much to move turning wheels. Another reason why I prefer cheap ass auto parts store steering stabilizers..

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a few people have had pulls due to that, it doesn't take much to move turning wheels. Another reason why I prefer cheap ass auto parts store steering stabilizers..
Ya it kinda pisses me off that I spend a little money and it bites me in the ass. Do you think it will "brake in" and not pull so hard

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you have a schrader valve on it,have someone take the pressure down on your SS. As with my Fox SS, I had to take it down a good amount. Have a shop do it. You cant do it by pushing in the valve in.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have a schrader valve on it,have someone take the pressure down on your SS. As with my Fox SS, I had to take it down a good amount. Have a shop do it. You cant do it by pushing in the valve in.
It dosent have a schrader valve, I can't be the only one with this problem I have read of a few people running the same ss hopefully they will chime in. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
625 Posts
Really easy fix! Go and wheel the piss out of it, bash the SS a few times so that it releases some pressure. Repeat till desired effect! If you don't feel comfortable, there are many of us here willing to help. Just pass the keys. :thefinger::gluging:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really easy fix! Go and wheel the piss out of it, bash the SS a few times so that it releases some pressure. Repeat till desired effect! If you don't feel comfortable, there are many of us here willing to help. Just pass the keys. :thefinger::gluging:
Hahaha might have to go this route, I plan to got my the end of this month or early next but I guess I am gonna have to suck it up till it brakes in.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
It might ease up a bit but charged SS always pull to one side or the other depending on how you installed it. I ran a Fox for a while but it drove me crazy always pulling to one side.

I like low cost auto parts junk. Works great and if I crunch it, it won't be a lot to replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input everyone, I will suck it up for a little while and see if it eases up if not I'll get a cheap autozone one or something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another quick question for you guys. My front right rubs on the LCA at full lock I remember reading something about adding washers but I don't remember where or how, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. TIA

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Another quick question for you guys. My front right rubs on the LCA at full lock I remember reading something about adding washers but I don't remember where or how, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. TIA
I have the bilstein SS and mine pulled to the left for a while after I initially installed it, it has subsided a bunch, either that or I dont notice it as much anymore. And my driver side tire rubbed on the right lower arm as well. Im surprised more people do not complain of this "problem" with the RK arms. It drove me nuts trying to figure it out. I thought it was my track, wasnt that. Then someone noted that my drag link may be to long, wasnt that either. The only thing I was led to believe that it is was that the rubbing is due to the fact that the stock JK are bent inwards for tire clearance, unlike the RK arms, which are bent on the underside for ground clearance. So when you install the RK arms in the stock mounting locations, the tires will rub, especially with tire wider than stock, ie tires that are 12.5 inches wide or more. Not sure why it occurs only on one side but.... You are having the exact same issue I had. So all I did was add 3 washers on the steering stop bolt and problem solved. You will take a minor hit in turning radius, but no biggie youll hardly notice....It sure beats rubbing at full lock right everytime. I think the washers were 3/8ths. Just keeping adding em until it no longer rubs

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I added two washers and wouldn't you know the the rubbing is gone. The wheel still pulls to the left but from what I have read that will diminish in good time. So I plan to keep it on there because it is a huge difference than havin no ss. And it's nice to know that I can turn the wheel till full lock and not rub! Thanks for your help guys!!!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I added two washers and wouldn't you know the the rubbing is gone. The wheel still pulls to the left but from what I have read that will diminish in good time. So I plan to keep it on there because it is a huge difference than havin no ss. And it's nice to know that I can turn the wheel till full lock and not rub! Thanks for your help guys!!!
Yeahhhhh buddy! :gluging:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.