JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that I get a shimmy/shake between 60-70mph, and it only happens when I am weighted down with cargo. Its also intermittant, it will happen for a mile or two, then stop for a while. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Since you're posting in the modified tech section, is it safe to assume we're not talking about a stock Jeep?

It could help to know what mods you're running that could affect steering and suspension.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you're posting in the modified tech section, is it safe to assume we're not talking about a stock Jeep?

It could help to know what mods you're running that could affect steering and suspension.
Sorry about that. 2008 JKU manual. Teraflex full flex arm 3 inch lift. Dynatrac prosteer balljoints. RCV axles. Front JKS track bar, rear stock track bar(t flex bracket). GY MTR 35 inch on AEV beadlocks. Front ARB and rear LOD bumper. Warn 9.5ti.

·
Registered
402 Posts
First thing I would do is check my tire pressure. Second is make sure my Track Bar is tightened down. I have had mine come loose two times on me and the last one it was bad and I got to drive in my first death wobble. These front ends are funny man, especially with some lift and angles added in. I would also check the drive shaft bolts and u-joints as well. I've seen bad u-joints cause wicked vibes at different speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts