JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have not seen any recent post for steering boxes. Mine just started leaking from the drop arm shaft and started pricing out but see big difference on prices. I was about to upgrade my tie rods and drag link to HD due to tire size 35x12.5 and noticed the leak. I have a painted steering box(chinese) can these now be re manufactured? Which brand to use? Daily driver and weekend trail rider.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just took mine off and haven't even listed it for sale yet if you're interested. (Went with all the psc stuff) I'm in aurora.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
have not seen any recent post for steering boxes. Mine just started leaking from the drop arm shaft and started pricing out but see big difference on prices. I was about to upgrade my tie rods and drag link to HD due to tire size 35x12.5 and noticed the leak. I have a painted steering box(chinese) can these now be re manufactured? Which brand to use? Daily driver and weekend trail rider.

I only post this reply in aims to help OP since
he opened with ," ..I have not seen any recent posts about steering boxes.."

Here's a sorta recent thread ( it's one of mine so prep for a few words :rolleyes: !) on
subject from my 2nd stock steering gear box replace. Fyi, I had a half year undetectable and out of ordinary forward orbital plane bend in sectorshaft that u couldn't see unless lying directly beneath the pitman arm as someone else turned wheel.

Maybe some useful data w/in will help OP.

Maybe l8r you can hit the Welcome Room & intro yourself ! :wink_animate:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts