JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a fellow Canuck can shed light on where to get a set of Steel rims for my JK from in Canada without having to buy a tube of KY first?

Heard people say you can find 17" 5x5 rims for under $80 each but so fat the cheapest I can find are $129.

I can find them in the states but don't feel like paying $50 per rim in shipping!

Tired of being a Canadian and bent over every time I go to buy somthing!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Did you try Discount Tire Direct? I got a set of 37" Goodyear MTR's mounted and balanced on MB gunners with lugnuts duty paid delivered to Northern BC for $100 more than just the tires here. The closest price was 1010 Tire. The local shops allways use the excuse "I don't know who thier suppliers are". Don't get me wrong I would by local if a decent price was offered but it never is. Once the HST is in all my stuff will be brought in from Alberta or the US.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked at Discount Tires Direct, good prices if you buy packages, but i'm only looking for rims. 1010 tire dosn't have anything under $200 in the sizes i'm looking for.

I did find somthing strange, why are 20" alloy rims cheaper than 17" steelies?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Look at the "Unique" wheels on their website, all unbranded Cragar's. They're pretty cheap.

And still cheaper then ANYWHERE you're going to find in Alberta, even with shipping and duties.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Canadian Tire has black steelies 5x5 R17 for 80$...

I dont know about your end of the country but in here they all have them...

10-4.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Canadian Tire has black steelies 5x5 R17 for 80$...

I dont know about your end of the country but in here they all have them...

10-4.
Thanks, will give then a visit on the weekend!

Just went to discount tire direct as they ship to canada, $80 per rim for 17x8 5 on 5. but they add on a $250 Fee for shipping to canada, total for 5 $80 rims shipped to canada $830 and no they don't supply lube!

·
Registered
192 Posts
wow, that's a LOT more expensive then the rims and tire combo when I bought from them, my wheels worked out to $36 each. Maybe try Canadian Tire then like suggested above. Maybe DTD only cuts good deals with combos.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, that's a LOT more expensive then the rims and tire combo when I bought from them, my wheels worked out to $36 each. Maybe try Canadian Tire then like suggested above. Maybe DTD only cuts good deals with combos.
Wow! $38 a wheel! What size were those, I've been finding that 17" rims are more costly than 16" and even 20's I've heard about everyone BUT me being able to get rims for under $80. For $38 a rim It might be cheaper to get wheels and tires than try to get wheels alone!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got my Pro Comp rock crawlers for 89 apiece at zoneoffroad.ca, but i see they have gone up a little.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my Pro Comp rock crawlers for 89 apiece at zoneoffroad.ca, but i see they have gone up a little.
For 17" Zone want $119 with $48 shipping, waiting on a cost of the center caps.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Mike the big difference is brokering at the border. If you can have them delivered to a address near the border on the US side where you can pick them up and bring them across yourself the savings are amazing, and usually free shipping if you get a package deal.
Summit sells them cheap too but again, once they have to ship into Canada for you the savings are lost. I realize you are in Edmonton but the trip to the border may be worth your while.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow! $38 a wheel! What size were those, I've been finding that 17" rims are more costly than 16" and even 20's I've heard about everyone BUT me being able to get rims for under $80. For $38 a rim It might be cheaper to get wheels and tires than try to get wheels alone!
They were the Unique 16x8 Soft 8 style. But they were saddled with 35x12.5 KM2's

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They were the Unique 16x8 Soft 8 style. But they were saddled with 35x12.5 KM2's
That makes a bit more sense, from my research so far 17" wheels seam to be $50 more than 16" and $70 for than 15's

Got the choice down to some pro-comp at $120 each and some American Egale series 100 for $150, i know these are steel but the price is good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts