JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill be buying a set of river raider skids in the near future and now that they offer the skids in aluminum im not sure what ones to get. i like that the alumium is way lighter than the steel (no need to make the jeep perform even worse) but i dont like that they wont hold up as well as the steel, now i dont wheel often (actually i havent wheeled the 4 door at all yet) but when i do i like to have fun, now my last jk (2 door) showed this by having all the stock skids horribly smashed in. how does everyone think the aluminum will hold up with the weight of a 4 door on them?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
ill be buying a set of river raider skids in the near future and now that they offer the skids in aluminum im not sure what ones to get. i like that the alumium is way lighter than the steel (no need to make the jeep perform even worse) but i dont like that they wont hold up as well as the steel, now i dont wheel often (actually i havent wheeled the 4 door at all yet) but when i do i like to have fun, now my last jk (2 door) showed this by having all the stock skids horribly smashed in. how does everyone think the aluminum will hold up with the weight of a 4 door on them?
I think your best bet would be to give Kenny a call and see what he thinks. Describe your typical 2-door off-roading and see if he thinks you should go steel or aluminum.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Whats the price difference between steel and aluminum?

I have the tranny/oil pan and one other ( can't remember) river raider skid sitting in my garage in steel. I was thinking of maybe selling them and going aluminum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts