JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't spend a lot of time here in the G&A section of the forum as I should, just browse through every now and then. I will now browse a little more to do some reading up on what you guys do with AR's and maybe find some tips and tricks. I am into guns somewhat, mostly in the hunting variations as I am a hunter. I have been looking into getting an AR or AK style rifle for awhile just never pulled the trigger till today.

Today, a guy I work with came to me telling me how he is behind on rent and needs money and that he is going to sell his AR to get some cash. Obviously I got a little intrigued, he has a S&W M&P15 Sport Model brand new never fired w/ 6 position adjustable stock, a total of 900rds of ammo (5.56&.223), a cheap red dot sight from Walmart that he hasn't put on, and a sling that was not put on either. Not a bad package for sale I thought, then he said he was asking $600! I said sold before I even talked to the wife! I'll post up pics after I pick it up tonight.

Hopefully you guys can fill me in on some tips and tricks on working with this rifle, and maybe get me into the right direction on making it my own!

· Registered
424 Posts
Title is right. I'd give him $800 so I didn't "as" bad. That's a freaking awesome score. The ammo alone is worth $600+.

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
I've had great deals like this offered to me before but I always offer a fair market price if its something that I want. IMO its just the right thing to do and it keeps my karma all good. Just imho.

Nice AR, Happy shooting! Amo is crazy hard to get still.

· Registered
94 Posts
I don't spend a lot of time here in the G&A section of the forum as I should, just browse through every now and then. I will now browse a little more to do some reading up on what you guys do with AR's and maybe find some tips and tricks. I am into guns somewhat, mostly in the hunting variations as I am a hunter. I have been looking into getting an AR or AK style rifle for awhile just never pulled the trigger till today.

Today, a guy I work with came to me telling me how he is behind on rent and needs money and that he is going to sell his AR to get some cash. Obviously I got a little intrigued, he has a S&W M&P15 Sport Model brand new never fired w/ 6 position adjustable stock, a total of 900rds of ammo (5.56&.223), a cheap red dot sight from Walmart that he hasn't put on, and a sling that was not put on either. Not a bad package for sale I thought, then he said he was asking $600! I said sold before I even talked to the wife! I'll post up pics after I pick it up tonight.

Hopefully you guys can fill me in on some tips and tricks on working with this rifle, and maybe get me into the right direction on making it my own!
So did you run it past customs (The WIFE) yet? If not it might be up for sale when he goes to work today.......

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've had great deals like this offered to me before but I always offer a fair market price if its something that I want. IMO its just the right thing to do and it keeps my karma all good. Just imho.

Nice AR, Happy shooting! Amo is crazy hard to get still.
I feel ya on this, but he offered it up at this price and he is well aware of everything's value, ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.