JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but figured I could get some help. I have a 2012 wrangler sport. For some time I have been having an issue when I start my jeep it's real slow to start. Other times it starts right up no problem. it has never not cranked so I don't think it's the battery or the starter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I apologize if this isn't a lot of information to go off of. My skills at describing something aren't the best. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
If you think back to the times it acted up, does it seem to happen more often after it sits for a while? Does it seem to only take a long time to start if it has been a day or so since you last drive it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does it more when it's been sitting for a little. Although it also does it if I just shut it off but that's rare.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Try cycling the key on and off (without cranking the engine) a couple times before trying to start the engine. This will cause the fuel pump to run and prime the engine. See if this eliminates starting issues. If it does then it may be the check valve in the fuel pump assembly allowing the fuel to bleed down when you stop the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts