JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very happy with the performance of my 2.5" lift with 37's. But just like any other vehicle I've had it was time to explore other performance options, mainly the suspension.

My Jeep was featured at SEMA and I received a set of Falken 38" M/T's. I needed to change the bump stop spacers to keep the tires from digging in to the body. Which meant that I could run longer shocks and would have to lift the Jeep up a little bit so I wasn't on the bump stops all the time. I've had bypass shocks on all of my off road vehicles so the choice was clear what I wanted to do.

The problem I ran into was that I couldn't find the shock setup I wanted with the lengths I was looking for that would bolt in to the stock shock locations. So I hopped on to Solidworks and designed some pieces to make it all work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once I had my shocks figured out, I had to look at the other suspension components since the shocks have 12" of travel I wanted to make sure the rest of the suspension could handle the type of droop and articulation without too much binding.

I turned to Synergy for their long arm kit. It's a very well put together kit and I especially like their new DDR bushings. Since I want to actually go pound some whoops I decided to add Synergy's rear bumpstop kit as well.

I finally got out of the shop around 11 last night so I didn't take any pics of the long arms actually on the Jeep but I will be doing the long arms on the front this weekend so stay tuned for more pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a little extra time last night so I got the Jeep on the rack and took a few pics.

I need some longer brake lines and a few adjustments but man those bypasses ride so nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts