JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this really annoying, high pitched squeek that sounds like two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together that is coming from deep in the dash. I have torn the dash apart and removed everything and had my wife drive me around while I had my head almost buried into and under the dash. I can't figure out where the noise is coming from. It almost seems like it is where the two heater/AC lines come thru the firewall, but damn those things get hot.

Here's another weird thing about the noise. It only happens if it is above 70 or 75 for an ambient temp. So when I took it to the dealer to have them look into it since it is still under warranty, they could not reproduce the problem at the time (that was last fall).

So I'm asking for help on if there are any known causes of this sound. If so, I'll look into it again myself. Otherwise I'll take it back to the dealer and let them worry about it....

Thank you kindly for any insight.

Greg

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
There have been a few threads on this. Mine has come and gone for about a year now, I can tell ya it's not the center console either I swapped mine for the tuffy and the noise stuck around. Mine seems to get worse when the under carriage is wet. General consensus so far is that it could be the gas tank rubbing the body and the sound being transferred to the front. I'm deffinatly subscribed to this thread hoping you find a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a thought, could it be the Great Stuff insulation that is in the rear fender/side walls? I'm not experiencing the noise, but was a bit surprised to see they used Great Stuff.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
There is a thread somewhere. Seem to remember they traced it to the passenger side control arm bushings. Lube and gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts