JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sPOD Switches Alt Location

Rebels,
More often than not, a customer will have their GPS (Lowrance for example) mounted in the typical sPOD switch panel location.

When that happens - we start cutting. Super easy and looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Ok. Dumb question here. You are saying that is the spod switch panel mounted underneath the steering wheel? So that is not a different switch panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Dumb question here. You are saying that is the spod switch panel mounted underneath the steering wheel? So that is not a different switch panel?

I'll clarify - it's the sPOD switch cluster moved to a different (factory) panel.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Ok thanks. Just didnt look like the same cluster. Great job looks great.

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't that a little difficult to get to when driving?
It really isn't bad, and most accessories like off road lighting don't require constant or continual monitoring. Meaning if your front floods are on, they can probably be on for a period of time. You wouldn't be reaching for the switches non stop.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Yep, that is what I was thinking :)

Great idea by the way. I had that panel off this last weekend and was impressed with the space back there.

hmmmm 2 sPODs
Yeah, I was thinkin' the same thing, but I'm thinking of possibly getting one two of these for my ARB lockers. That'll free up two switches. I'm not sure I'd need more than that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Rebel, sent you a pm about where the source for the spod was located for this....not sure if it was a second set of 6 switches or just an alternative mounting location from above the rearview mirror.

also throwing it out there to anyone with a second spod where to mount the second source under the hood??

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Rebel, sent you a pm about where the source for the spod was located for this....not sure if it was a second set of 6 switches or just an alternative mounting location from above the rearview mirror.

also throwing it out there to anyone with a second spod where to mount the second source under the hood??
They said in the first post this was an alternative for folks who have a GPS in the "standard" spod location.

I'm sure someone has mounted 2 spods in a JK though.

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The second source gets located on the 07-11 JK's on top of the battery with a bracket we fabricate.

They said in the first post this was an alternative for folks who have a GPS in the "standard" spod location.

I'm sure someone has mounted 2 spods in a JK though.
The second row (or first row) of switches goes underneath the steering column.

·
Registered
49 Posts
where does the power for the spods come from without screwing with the canbus?

10' Jk smittybuilt bumpers and rails, bush wacker flat fenders, and 35x12.5 PITBULL radial Rockers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts