JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost pulled the trigger a number of times on the Spod , but saw a similar panel but it's a flush mount or more like a push panel and is virtually flat or flush.

Have heard nothing but awesomeness about the Spod, but wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the other one. I have no idea if good or bad.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,085 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I only have the sPOD switch panel, but it's great quality and John is a great guy.

·
Vendor
2,957 Posts
sPOD. It's in my personal JK, all my teams, and is the one I suggest to customers. Not because John gives me anything special or extra for suggesting it, but because it works, is easy to install, and is the cleanest, most OEM fitting look out there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
bmweight
I wish more people did their homework like you before doing any purchases or modifications to their Jeep!
Wired HDH makes fantastic products and is well versed in membrane switches.
Also DayStar, Painless and CoolTech LLC have great alternatives for switches and switch locations.

Let’s compare apples to apples here when costs and completeness are involved:

There are a few items left off the aforementioned companies list to complete a system from the items described compared to the sPOD turnkey system:

• Relays, Relay holders / sockets
• Fuses, Fuse holders / sockets
• Carling Technologies Contura switches which is a marine grade switch.
• Diodes built into our system
• Mounting brackets / hardware
• Wire
• Wire covering of some sort
• Connectors
• Shrink tubing
• A box or housing for the power distribution system to house your relays fuses
• Ring terminals, push on terminals, and spade terminals

All of our products are made here in the U.S.A. and all our systems are 100% warranted for the life of your vehicle!

There is not one manufacture of a system similar to ours that offers what I mentioned above.

·
Registered
163 Posts
sPOD.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like i'll be calling Spod tomorrow after I get paid. I have been waiting to wire up my onboard air system until I got the set up I wanted.

Thanks for the info ....

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
sPod! Wish I had tried one sooner than I did, although not sure if John was around back when I wheeled my TJ, YJ or CJ.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JOhn, Thanks for the info, as well as the breakdown of the differences....

·
Registered
472 Posts
No problem Ben!
That's one thing (well maybe many things) that I'm not good at and that's being a sales man!
I'd rather be informative and bringing information to the forefront, but sales...NOT!:sleep:

JOhn, Thanks for the info, as well as the breakdown of the differences....

·
Registered
799 Posts
:D Just like anyone who has one sPOD-sPOD

The best !!

:grinpimp::smokin: JIMBO

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've only got good things to say about the sPOD, but it sounds like I'm preaching to the choir with this one. It really couldn't be any simpler or cleaner as far as design is concerned and when I really think about it, one of the ONLY items on the jeep that I've NEVER worried about breaking or malfunctioning. Super well built and functions as designed. I'd recommend it to anyone.:beer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts